PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

BAD Attitude, Burnout Or Lack of Talent?

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re:BAD Attitude, Burnout Or Lack of Talent?

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Wed 05, 2017 6:12 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Miss_Vee</b>:</font>

Your words remind of the following:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and Determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “Press On” has solved and will always solve the problems of the human race." Calvin Coolidge, 30th Us President

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 06, 2017 9:34 am

And there goes the money:

Head: "We have decided to discontinue our collaboration with Bernard Tomic."

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 06, 2017 11:30 am

And more money:

LONDON (AP) — Bernard Tomic was fined $15,000 at Wimbledon and dropped by his racket sponsor Thursday — not for something he did during his first-round loss, but for what he said during a news conference afterward.

Zvezda_red
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Zvezda_red » Jul Fri 07, 2017 9:28 am

Donovan Bailey didn't love track nearly as much as he loved basketball.

if he was fined for verbalising how he felt at the time, then the tour or whoever fined him is an idiot
Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine

Tesla

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Fri 07, 2017 9:34 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Zvezda_red</b>:</font>

Basketball also ended his track career.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Fri 07, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 24, 2017 11:58 am

TOMIC ADMITS HE HASN'T REALLY TRIED IN CAREER, ONLY PLAYS FOR MONEY

The Aussie added that fans should watch him on TV rather than pay to see him in person. (AP)

Bernard Tomic turned heads—not for the first time—during Wimbledon when he said he was “bored” and “couldn’t find any motivation” following his first-round defeat to Mischa Zverev.

The 24-year-old Australian also said during his news conference at the All England Club that winning no longer satisfies him. The admissions cost him a $15,000 fine and the termination of his contract with his racquet sponsor, Head.

Tomic clearly didn’t learn his lesson, or just doesn’t care, as he spoke freely and bluntly again during an interview with Australia’s Channel Seven on Sunday night.

Among the many brutally honest things that he said during his one-on-one interview was that fans should watch him on TV rather than pay to see him in person.

He also made it clear that he only plays on tour for the money. This wasn’t the first time that he illustrated his love for the many zeroes that come with being a high-profile professional athlete.

Tomic said that he’s rarely given his all on the court, yet is awfully impressed which how much he’s accomplished considering how little he’s tried.

"Tennis chose me,” Tomic told the television network. “It's something I never fell in love with. Throughout my career I've given 100 percent. I've given also 30 percent. But if you balance it out, I think all my career's been around 50 percent. I haven't really tried, and still achieved all this. So it's just amazing what I've done."

Tomic reached a career-high ranking of No. 17 in January of 2016 and has won three singles titles. He’s fallen all the way down to No. 73, though, and his last title came in Bogota in July of 2015. He’s just 9-15 in 2017 and has lost in the first round 10 times.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2017/07/ ... nis/67949/
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Mon 24, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Mon 24, 2017 12:38 pm

He is brutally honest, but at least he is honest. And in the end, it is his life.

I was a fan (I still enjoy Tomic at 80+%), but at least I now know that I do not have to have any expectations.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 24, 2017 2:42 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Is he? I suspect deep down he realizes he can't fulfill his promise no matter how hard he tries. Since he didn't even try, how can anyone say he failed?
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Mon 24, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Mon 24, 2017 7:22 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

Ehrm, that is exactly what he says: he cannot bring himself to work hard enough to get the most out of his potential. Malisse also had a bit of that attitude: there was not enough desire.

So ye, Tomic is honest. No excuses but simply telling his truth: "I do enough to win enough money."
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 25, 2017 8:17 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Or he believes his potential is a false dawn so there's nothing to work hard to bring out. Maybe he does in fact work hard but there's nothing more there to bring out and he recognizes it.