PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

ITF general talks

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Almost misssed it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Aiava 6-1 6-1 in 50 mn#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I just turned on the stream and went straight to the Safarova match.. Then I looked at the stream again and saw Aiava... Hell no, not missing this.. Forget WTA.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#She was already up 6-1 4-0 ... She welcomed me with a stinky stinging fireball return winner.. I could only smile. That's the way you do it, girl.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#a few minutes later, it's ova. 6-1 6-1 ... No contest... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Now I can switch back to WTA. :)
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 28, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:ITF general talks

Post by rex » Mar Tue 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Yeah, our girl is indeed talented. Chuckling that Destanee and Bozovic dragged the court after the match in preparation for the next match..... Life on the ITF circuit...... Yet, soon the ITF circuit will be a distant memory for Destanee, save for a misfortune out of her control.....
Last edited by rex on Mar Tue 28, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Yup .. Too talented for ITF...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#It's like Serena at WTA ... You look at the draw and see Serena near your name and go 'why me?'.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#ITF 25K draw comes out. Girl sees Aiava's name near hers and goes 'why me'? lol lol lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Next match against the winner of Q vs Q. They are already packing. :) :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Will be over in 45 mn.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 28, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 28, 2017 7:21 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl# 
Chuckling that Destanee and Bozovic dragged the court after the match in preparation for the next match...
#ed_op#/span#ed_cl#Usually they cut off the stream right after the match so I left as soon as she won.. Didn't see them sweeping the court. lol lol lol.. they should get paid.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 28, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Tue 28, 2017 8:13 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Well, you missed the entire match, for both players dragged the court after the lst set to my amazement......lol.

Further, after she won the title last week she sat down from shaking the Chair's hand, then, to my surprise, she got up from her seat and began to drag the court, but some official told her not to, for they were about to start the championship ceremony....lol. I guess this is the way it is in 25ks on clay, surprised to see this action by the players.

Lastly, in response to your early post above, I don't think Destanee has a rep on the ITF circuit that Serena enjoys on the Tour after all these years, or even earlier in the career of the Sisters, and, further nor does Destanee want one either, for it's just the ITF circuit. Players want a rep on the Tour, not the minor leagues. However, imo, you can compare their games and weapons, making a valid comparison, but not the effect, as yet, for we don't know what the future holds for Destanee, just like no one knew what the future was for the Sisters at that age, tho' showing big time promise. But, I will say her foundation is rock solid with nary a flaw in her game. She does everything but serve and volley and she doesn't need to do that, for her lst serve does massive damage. She's 3 years behind the crew that I think highly of as youngsters......Osaka, Konjuh, Ostapenko, Siniakova and Bencic, but in certain respects her talents are better than those five. Yet, they are of the same era. Lots to look forward to, but dealing with the growing pains at the moment.
Last edited by rex on Mar Thu 30, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 31, 2017 11:41 am

My little one has trouble with lefties.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Last time it was 19-yo Haddad Maia. Aiava lost the battle at 5-5 in the 3rd. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Last night it was 27-yo French Sherazad ... Why hasn't this girl made the top-100 all those years? She sure has the game to beat the Hsieh, Rogers, Davis, and bunch of 'ova' that bought condos in the top-100. And why is French Federation giving WC to Razzano and Hesse and other scrubs instead of this girl? #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#First time seeing her.. Thought she was another upcoming 19-yo... Nice size... beautiful body... etc.. After the first 2 games, I knew Aiava had a huge battle on hands with those lefty shots. This girl got better lefty serves than Kerber :) :) :). Good returns.. Good sense of the court and smart play off the ground.. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#It's true it's not just how much skill you have. It takes a bunch of other factors to get out of ITF... Some decent players never made it.. This girl could be one of them. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I had the same reaction with Konta... Why was this girl playing ITF when she has the game to beat many of the top-100s? ?? ?? ?? ?? Too much mystery in tennis.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Aiava had hard time handling those lefty serves and spins. The girl barely misses anything on her forehand. No matter how much Aiava #ed_op#br#ed_cl#bombed it... lol lol lol lol.. The balls kept coming back.. lol lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Pretty stable off the ground. She got a good defense and brings everything back.. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Question remains. Why at 27, Sherazad Rei is still playing ITF? ??? ??? ??#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Alright.. Enough of the soap.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Girl Aiava, get a cheap High School lefty to practice for a couple of weeks. You got a year to solve that issue.. Can't let lefties bother you. :) :) :) :) Because there are quite a few in the bigger events.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#The girls I expected in the SF all lost except Krejcikova. Interesting.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 31, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Fri 31, 2017 10:13 pm

I watched part of the match, Ace, and Destanee "hit the wall", meaning too many matches in a short time frame, going deep in her last 3, including playing doubles in 2 of the events. I didn't watch the match in toto, for I was keeping up with Venus' match with Johanna. Last I checked she was up 4-1 in the 2nd, then I went away, thinking the match would go 3. Came back and she was up only 4-3, then I watched the rest. What I saw was that she moonballed loads, couldn't put away smashes inside the service line and returned from the baseline with the equivalent of an underhanded return, as if something was bothering her shoulder. She wasn't returning with authority that we've seen from her. So, I concluded she petered out physically, but competed to the very end, but not with her usual firepower and finishing from inside the service line and baseline.

There is a video of her on the ITF website after she won last week. In the video she indicates that her next event would be qualies in Roland Garros, but she played this week at the same tourney. I found that odd, in addition to the fact that there are no more ITF events in Aussie land for the next 2 months and the French doesn't begin 'til May 28th, which is basically 2 months from now. So, she's going to be idle for 2 months, no match play and expect to be ready for qualies in Paris?

Lastly, the WTA website is crap, for they don't have her title from last week and have her ranked 210th, while the live ranking sites differ as well, one has her at 193rd, the other 226th. What is her ranking?
Last edited by rex on Mar Fri 31, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Sat 01, 2017 1:14 am

I have to check but I don't think there is anymore ITF event in Aussie. The season is over.. I remember someone talking about it at TF last month... Something like there is no ITF in Australia after March. The girl only plays ITF at home.. Got to let the wrists and shoulders get stronger. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Further, isn't there a limit on how many ITF events girls in her age group can play each half of the year??? Not sure what the rules are but I think that age limit rule puts a break on her.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Luckily her ranking will allow her to enter the French Open Qualifying rounds for the first time. No WC needed.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Lastly, the WTA website is crap, for they don't have her title from last week and have her ranked 210th, while the live ranking sites differ as well, one has her at 193rd, the other 226th. What is her ranking?
210 was the ranking before Winning her last event. Only one site is up-to-date with her new ranking of #193. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#With the QF appearance this week, she moves a few spots up. It will all be sorted out soon.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#She said she'd love to get to top-100 this year.. Well then she'll have to play outside Australia. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Apr Sat 01, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Apr Sat 01, 2017 8:39 pm

I have to check but I don't think there is anymore ITF event in Aussie. The season is over.. I remember someone talking about it at TF last month... Something like there is no ITF in Australia after March.

Further, isn't there a limit on how many ITF events girls in her age group can play each half of the year??? Not sure what the rules are but I think that age limit rule puts a break on her.
Well....that someone is right, respecting the end of ITF events in Aussie land, for I checked the tournament schedule for Australia for the rest of the year and there aren't anymore events.

Destanee will turn 17 in May. The rule for 17 year olds for tournament play limits her participation in professional tourneys (ITF and WTA) to 16 events beginning from the day she turns 17 to her 18th birthday. So, she starts anew on May 10th. Clearly, she'll be doing some traveling from here on out, principally Europe and the States, I reckon.

Yet, in the video I mentioned after she won the 25k last week she claims her next tourney will be qualies for the French. Me thinks she and her mother/coach should rethink that and enter some of the ITF events in Europe prior to the French, health permitting, just to maintain rhythm and timing in her game, engaging in match play.

What TA is going to do about their maindraw WC is open to question, for Barty already qualifies for the main, while the 2 or 3 other Aussie hopefuls would be Destanee, Tomljanovich and Lizette Cabrera, who I haven't seen. Ajla is currently ranked 594th and needs that WC, while Lizette is 184th and Destanee is at 193rd(?) or 210th (?) and qualifies for qualies. Since TA loves Ajla from what I've read they may decide to give her some help and award their main draw WC to her, rather than Destanee and Lizette, allowing the latters to play qualifying. Then, they could do Destanee a favor and give her a main draw WC to Wimbledon. We'll have to wait and see what TA elects to do......

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Sun 02, 2017 11:26 am

Just checked the score. Sherazad Rei won. I am not surprised at all..#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Why she is still playing ITF at 27 with the kind of tennis she plays is a surprise.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Hope her new ranking puts her in the French Open Qualifying round. Because the FRench will give the WC to Razzano and Co. as usual, while other players have a better chance of winning a match or 2 in those early rounds.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The official WTA ranking has her at #266 this week. She wins 50 points and the Live Ranking have her even lower... even as they record her win...Makes no sense. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I think she should be under #228 in tomorrow's official ranking... And if that's true, it should be enough to make the French Open cutt-off on April 9.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Well, WTA site is not up-to-date either... lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Aiava won last week and made the QF this week. Yet, her last recorded tournament is still 3 weeks back (Clare Open). :) :) No point recorded for winning last week. :(&nbsp; The ranking of #210 is the ranking after Clare Open where she lost to Hadda Maia in the SF. That's old. She won a tournament after that.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#What a mess !!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#here #193 after her last win, which it should be at the WTA site right now, before the April 3rd ranking comes out:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="http://www.livetennis.it/post/179700/ra ... p#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Apr Sun 02, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 13 times in total.