PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

ITF general talks

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Compare the potential to this#ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DNcmczHHlps?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" height="315" frameborder="0" width="560"#ed_cl##ed_op#/iframe#ed_cl#

#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sat 04, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RU90
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by RU90 » Mar Sat 04, 2017 12:49 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Well, Aiava is a year older than both of them, and at this point when they're all growing and developing so rapidly, that makes a huge difference. I saw Anisimova play much better than in that highlight at the US Open. She has huge power on her serve and groundstrokes even at this age.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:ITF general talks

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 04, 2017 12:51 pm

gold fangs wrote:Haddad Maia has had awful luck with injuries in her career. But she's also been awfully slow to find her form every time she's come back from them. So on the one hand her breakthrough has been delayed because of health and bad luck but on the other, even allowing for that some of her bad results indicate mental or technical weaknesses that will follow her on to the WTA Tour anyway.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#To me Haddad Maia looks like the kind of BBB capable of big results when she gets going - but Aiava and Vondrousova look more solid, just as much power but fewer weaknesses.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The fourth SFist Andrianjafitrimo is a wild card - still young enough to be called promising but her game is more interesting with more components to fall into place.
Interesting... Didn't know Haddad's history... Injuries are not tennis players' best friends. :(
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sat 04, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 04, 2017 12:53 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#RU90#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;
Well, Aiava is a year older than both of them, and at this point when they're all growing and developing so rapidly, that makes a huge difference. I saw Anisimova play much better than in that highlight at the US Open. She has huge power on her serve and groundstrokes even at this age.
Of course they'll get stronger. For now, I'll wait to see more of Anisimova and Potapova. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sun 05, 2017 9:20 am

#ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#Watch out, Wozniacki, Radwanska and Co. Haddad is coming for your wigs.. .#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Haddad Maia got a WC in Miami Main Draw. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#The brazilian Kvitova is almost her twin sister: same height; same devastating lefty forehand and serve; same service motion; same inconsistency. Can play the most devastating match one day, and go off to the back seat the next. #ed_op#img src="http://www.tennisgamers.com/board/image ... _smile.gif" alt="Smile" border="0"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Will be interesting to see which one shows up in Miami. Pushers, watch out!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold"#ed_cl#Article#ed_op#/span#ed_cl#: #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Brazilian number one seed Beatriz Haddad-Maia has taken out the 2017 Honeycomb.Design Clare Valley Women’s Tennis International singles title in dominant fashion, beating 17-year-old Czech Marketa Vondrousova 6-2 6-2. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Haddad-Maia, who also won the doubles title this week with Genevieve Lorbergs, was in sizzling form during the match, keeping Vondrousova on the back foot #ed_op#b#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#C00000"#ed_cl#with her blistering forehand#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/b#ed_cl#. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The Brazillian 20-yo became a crowd favourite through the week in Clare and will now focus her attention on the Miami Open, where she has been awarded a main draw wildcard. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#For Vondrousova it was a disappointing end to a good week and with two singles titles to her name so far in 2017, she looks to be tracking toward a significant climb up the rankings.#ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sun 05, 2017 11:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Besides Serena, I have not enjoyed watching a player as much as I enjoy watching Aiava.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I mean this girl is something. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#For the PredictionGame, I always have Serena as uWP, without hesitation.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#If we were playing ITF, Aiava would be my uWP the same way.. Love this girl's game. Compact and deadly ground strokes that seldom miss... And the serve.. so heavy, so well place, and so reliable.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#When she steps 2, 3 feet inside the court to hit a groundie, boy, such a beautifull swing. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:45 pm

first set 5-1 40-0&nbsp; So many Deuces on Gabriella's serve.. This British girl can serve bombs. I mean wow. But once the serve is returned, Aiava takes over.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;6-1 ..first set over. Against a Gabriella Taylor whose serve could put Errani to shame.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:57 pm

2-0 second set. Gabriella is demoralized. How can you play such a tight match, yet lose the set 6-1?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Almost everyone of her service games went to Deuce.. Her&nbsp; serve is so good it gets her out of trouble.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#A beautiful drop shot from Aiva and it's 3-0... 2 breaks. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I can see a 4-0 coming up quickly.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gabriella calls the Medics... (trying to slow things down? it's moving too fast) :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I don't even care what's going on in Miami ..lol lol.. ITF is better. #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Who needs Miami when Aiava is playing?? ?? ?? ??#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/b#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gabriella on ground... something with her right arm.. she's been serving bombs and it doesn't seem to be enough to disturb Aiava.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Yup, that shoulder is tired. lol lol.. she played 3 long sets yesterday, followed by a Doubles' match. No wonder that arm can't take it anymore.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Alright, game on.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And a quick hold at love. As predicted. This one is over. Gabriella shocked... lol lol.. Aiava is baaaaad.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gabriella: arm? what arm? :) :) serving bombs again.. holds at love. wow.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Aiava also holds at love. 5-1#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And she breaks. 6-1 6-1 .. over#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Girl is in the Final. Well done.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Next opponent: #7 seed Krejcikova or #1 seed Cabrera ... Cabrera down a set 4-6.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Krejcikova&nbsp; is pretty good... Never seen Cabrera play. Tuning in to check them out. Thanks Putin !!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#==========#ed_op#br#ed_cl#nope.. seen enough.. Unless Aiava has a meltdown, neither of these 2 has a chance.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Bye ladies.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 24, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 15 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Sat 25, 2017 1:16 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Nice report and Destanee serving bread to Gabriella says a lot. Destanee's final opponent I have not seen. Yet, I could look her up on YouTube to get a clue.

The final is scheduled for 11 a.m. Sunday in Australia, but 7 p.m. stateside tonight(?), if I'm correct. If so and the Russian stream is carrying same, I'll watch this evening. Btw, there is another 25k at the same location occurring next week and it appears all the players in this weeks' event are playing next weeks'.
Last edited by rex on Mar Sat 25, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Won't be able to watch tonight.
I am traveling. Checked the scoreboard on and off.
Another win for the young lady tonight.