PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Novak On SERENA

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 11, 2018 11:44 am

This reminds me of the White cop who allegedly entered an apartment she claimed she truly thought to be hers, only to gun down the actual owner inside, a black male. She claimed he disobeyed warnings....in his own home.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 11, 2018 11:49 am

Funny how Naomi is depicted as White in cartoons.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Tue 11, 2018 11:57 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#When reading all your comments, a wise citation comes to my mind:  "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem".#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Your polarizing comments are not part of any solution... therefore.... I guess you are smart enough to make the correct conclusion.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:00 pm

It's cartoon. Isn't "White" considered "pure" in literature? Aren't all angels depicted as White? That may not be true but it's the world we live in. Naomi was pure, classy, respectful. So yes, he drew her as white. It's a cartoon people. it draws feelings and emotion.

I'll call this guy a racist when you show me his previous racist work.

He could have drawn Naomi all White.. White outfit, white hair, white racquet, white shoes, etc ... He could have drawn her looking like an angel, and people would still have issues with it.

I have no problem with whatever is coming out of this. Serena is a veteran player who should know when to stop, like her mom said.
I hope she sits her down like a 2-year old and tells her. We don't want to see this again. Enough ammunition for the haters.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Serena should try to play tennis matches without abusing umpires no matter the call. That's all there is to it.
It's human to react to a call. I have no issue with that. But you got to know when to stop.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:10 pm

I think by her initial discussion with chair she may have thought he had retracted the coaching warning -
so was surprised a point was deducted for racquet abuse.
Lost her cool as a result.

Not understanding why her coach was coaching her from the stands -
as it is not something she resorts to & may have been completely unaware he was doing so.
IMO coach and her do not seem to be on the same page always.

Just an observation we have often seen and as expressed by other players -
rules are applied aribtrarily and selectively.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Serena has been on the tour for 20+ years. When is the last time a ref retracted a warning?
How can she be so ..... ??? ( I can't even find the word)
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Chair could have ushered a warning before deducting a game.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Not defending Serena's behavior - but not defending chair altogether either. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#It takes two and director could have intervened as all saw what was happening.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#BTW many players from Nadal, Venus, Federer, Murray, Djoko have complained to this chair during matches and/or after -#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I think Nadal refuses to have him umpire his matches.
Last edited by CrossCourtBH on Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Who can actually hear and distinguish verbal coaching in Arthur Ashe and make sense of it? It's not like the hand signals from Maria's and Juicy's coaches. And what could they entail? "Hit to her bh." Really? There are only 2 choices, it's either the bh or fh. Plus wouldn't Naomi hear that also and adjust, assuming she wouldn't have thought the suggestion had come from her own coach?

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:24 pm

They complain because he is one of the very few refs that is not afraid of applying the rules.
1st warning.
2nd warning, you lose a point.
3rd warning, you lose a game.
4th warning, you lose the match.

People who know him argue with him on that first warning, and they stop.
Because they know he WILL apply the rules.
If BJ. King and WTA don't like the rules, they should take them off the book. They shouldn't blame the umpire for applying them.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 11, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.