Tournaments this week

PATRICK Finds His Next SERENA: Cori “Coco” Gauff

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 07, 2018 11:35 am

Cori only practice there when she is in France. Patrick is not her coach. :) :)
Have you ever seen him at her matches coaching?
"...
Gauff is impressively polished for a player of high-school age. She has a hitchless service motion that lets her smack flat first serves—she had six aces today ..."

She hits lots of DF though. And has lost matches because of that... double Faulting on match points. But at 14, she has the right instinct and she has time to learn. Her coach Loglo needs to work on those DF. Too many of them at crucial times.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 07, 2018 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Mon 18, 2018 9:05 am

Belated CONGRATS!!!!!!!

American Cori Gauff wins French Open girls' title
Jun 9, 2018

PARIS -- Cori Gauff has defeated Caty McNally 1-6, 6-3, 7-6 (1) in an all-American final to win the girls' title at the French Open.

At 14, Gauff was the youngest player in the singles draw.

"Obviously I'm very excited and happy, because this is my first time," said Gauff after the match, which featured 15 breaks of serve. "It was a tough fight, but at the end it was worth it."

Gauff regularly trains at the academy set up by Patrick Mouratoglou, Serena Williams' coach.

Chun Hsin Tseng of Taiwan won the boys' title by defeating top-seeded Sebastian Baez of Brazil 7-6 (5), 6-2.

Tseng, 16, who beat Australian Open champion Sebastian Korda of the United States in the semifinals, came back from a break down in the first set to claim his first Grand Slam title.

"I was playing really well on the baseline and solid," the fourth-seeded Tseng said. "I think the first set I was a little bit tight in the beginning, and after I just enjoyed and relaxed."