Commish
Commish
FO Day 12 10/8/20

Post by rex » Oct Wed 07, 2020 9:18 am

COURT PHILIPPE-CHATRIER

I.Swiatek vs N.Podoroska
P.Kvitova(7) vs S.Kenin(4)

https://www.rolandgarros.com/en-us/orde ... 2020-10-08

Good thing about the semis is that they start at reasonable Stateside times. Iga's match with Nadia begins at 8:00 am here in the Midwest.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: FO Day 12 10/8/20

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Wed 07, 2020 12:22 pm

David Goffin covid-19 positive.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Wed 07, 2020 12:26 pm

Alex Zverev on the other hand, was hoping to be positive in order to have an excuse...again..for losing. In NY, he was weeping after leading 2-sets before losing in 5, about his parent's positive test result.

After playing match with Covid-like symptoms, tennis star Alexander Zverev says he's tested negative.

After saying he "shouldn't have played" in his French Open fourth round match due to Covid-like symptoms, tennis star Alexander Zverev has said he's tested negative for the virus.

In a story posted on Instagram, the world No.7 screenshotted his negative test as well as saying: "Wanted to update everyone that I have again tested negative for Covid.

"I wasn't 100% yesterday and will now take a few days to recover. Also wanted to say full credit to Jannik (Sinner) for a great match. Best of luck the rest of the way," added Zverev, referring to the Italian teenager who beat him in four sets on Sunday at Roland Garros.

Afterwards, the German told reporters that he played despite feeling sick and having a high fever. He admitted that he "shouldn't have played" because of how he was feeling.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Thu 08, 2020 9:25 am

Swiatek in the final...

Saw the second set: Podoroska could not do much. Only when the end of the match (and first Slam Final) came close, Swiatek struggled a bit, but won deservedly.
Another teenager in the final... where is the decade that we were complaining that teenagers were absent in big finals? :-)

Not sure if she will take the trophy to Poland (this year): nerves surfaced when the finishing line came close, and against slam winners Kenin/Kvitova, that could be a problem.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Oct Thu 08, 2020 12:14 pm

Not the final I want to see. Disappointed and, actually, fed up with Petra's undisciplined, hit or miss/hit and hope tennis. Petra, like Venus, hasn't matured at all over her career. One doesn't know what she's going to do from point-to-point. The better player won because she was in control of her game, covered the court and executed when it mattered. Other than hitting a winner within 2 returns and maybe nailing an ace here or there, all I had for Petra was "hope" that she could earn a point.

Well....she reached the semis, but her draw was much of nothing (Dodin, Paolini, young Fernandez, Zhang, Siegemund, Kenin). I believe this is her last chance for a Slam final. The better youngsters are too disciplined and proficient in their games for her to claim a Slam title, in addition to being scrawny physically which I think reduces her power.

I believe Kenin will claim the title, but hoping for Iga to win such. Will be watching, nevertheless.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Fri 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Oct Wed 07, 2020 12:22 pm
David Goffin covid-19 positive.
Ohhh :(

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Fri 09, 2020 7:59 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Oct Wed 07, 2020 12:26 pm
Alex Zverev on the other hand, was hoping to be positive in order to have an excuse...again..for losing. In NY, he was weeping after leading 2-sets before losing in 5, about his parent's positive test result.

After playing match with Covid-like symptoms, tennis star Alexander Zverev says he's tested negative.

After saying he "shouldn't have played" in his French Open fourth round match due to Covid-like symptoms, tennis star Alexander Zverev has said he's tested negative for the virus.

In a story posted on Instagram, the world No.7 screenshotted his negative test as well as saying: "Wanted to update everyone that I have again tested negative for Covid.

"I wasn't 100% yesterday and will now take a few days to recover. Also wanted to say full credit to Jannik (Sinner) for a great match. Best of luck the rest of the way," added Zverev, referring to the Italian teenager who beat him in four sets on Sunday at Roland Garros.

Afterwards, the German told reporters that he played despite feeling sick and having a high fever. He admitted that he "shouldn't have played" because of how he was feeling.
Grossee,

A lot was on his mind ~ Leave my young boyfriend alone!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Fri 09, 2020 8:19 pm

rex wrote:
Oct Thu 08, 2020 12:14 pm
Not the final I want to see. Disappointed and, actually, fed up with Petra's undisciplined, hit or miss/hit and hope tennis. Petra, like Venus, hasn't matured at all over her career. One doesn't know what she's going to do from point-to-point. The better player won because she was in control of her game, covered the court and executed when it mattered. Other than hitting a winner within 2 returns and maybe nailing an ace here or there, all I had for Petra was "hope" that she could earn a point.

Well....she reached the semis, but her draw was much of nothing (Dodin, Paolini, young Fernandez, Zhang, Siegemund, Kenin). I believe this is her last chance for a Slam final. The better youngsters are too disciplined and proficient in their games for her to claim a Slam title, in addition to being scrawny physically which I think reduces her power.

I believe Kenin will claim the title, but hoping for Iga to win such. Will be watching, nevertheless.

Rex,

Don't bring Venus into this, because she did her thing for 25 years!! Quickest athlete I've ever seen, and I've seen her up close & personal several times ~ My eyeballs couldn't keep up with her swift, smooth and graceful movement!! Quite hypnotizing & glorious :D Most lovely thing I've ever seen & I've been watching tennis since early 70s!!

Petra has never been good on clay (clumsy & power ball like Pova)!!

Kenin is the shock, but she's doing great!!! Love my little fighter :P

I think height has something to do with it on clay, scientifically, but in general ~ Really tall people can't maneuver quickly ~ Our limbs can't move faster than little rascals (you see this in the animal kingdom too). DJ is very observant!!

Well, my two cents worth $$Billions ~ You're welcome **kiss**

Got a new assignment studying blood cancer, wheeew ... wheeew ... wheeeeeew!!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Fri 09, 2020 8:19 pm

:)

Be back soon ...