PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

FINALLY! What SERENA Fans Have Been Waiting For!!

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: FINALLY! What SERENA Fans Have Been Waiting For!!

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Sat 08, 2020 5:41 pm

sekasi wrote:
Feb Thu 06, 2020 9:34 am
Let the guy promote his business. There is nothing he can do with grandma Serena. :wink:
Amen.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Wed 12, 2020 8:56 am

“You know, I take things head on. I get flak for that but it is what it is,” Serena Williams tells CNBC Make It.

“I need to speak up. I have to or I won’t be able to sleep at night,” she says.

However, there is a way to get her point across, she says.

“It’s really about seasoning your words with salt,” Williams said, referencing a bible verse (Colossians 4:6), which means to speak with grace.

“I think everything has to be done in the appropriate way and in a timely way and to share it in the right way. And that’s something that I’m still learning,” Williams says.

On Tuesday, Williams announced a partnership with Secret Deodorant to support gender equality programs in sports. Procter & Gamble, the makers of Secret have pledged $1 million to support equality programs for women and girls to help them advance in all areas of sports.

“It’s very important to me that I use my platform to bring attention to the many issues faced by women in sports and to call for meaningful change,” Williams said in a press release.

Though Williams says gender equality has improved significantly since she started playing in the late 1990s, improvements are still needed when it comes to wages, opportunity and resources to help athletes who are mothers.

“For me, I always think about the future. I say this wasn’t great but let me think about how I can help the next generation so the next person won’t have to go through this,” she says.

“Things are not going to be perfect in this world and this system [but] you have to use your voice when you can,” Williams tells Make It.

While Williams says she is comfortable using her voice, she understands it’s not for everyone.

“I don’t think people should be forced to speak up if they don’t want to, because they may not be comfortable. You never know what people are going through internally. I think it’s really important to support each other, even if it is silent sometimes,” she says.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Feb Thu 13, 2020 8:56 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Feb Wed 12, 2020 8:56 am
“For me, I always think about the future. I say this wasn’t great but let me think about how I can help the next generation so the next person won’t have to go through this,” she says.

“Things are not going to be perfect in this world and this system [but] you have to use your voice when you can,” Williams tells Make It.

While Williams says she is comfortable using her voice, she understands it’s not for everyone.

“I don’t think people should be forced to speak up if they don’t want to, because they may not be comfortable. You never know what people are going through internally. I think it’s really important to support each other, even if it is silent sometimes,” she says.
WTG Serena.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Thu 13, 2020 10:48 am

Re: FINALLY! What SERENA Fans Have Been Waiting
Grossefav,
What's this all about? Is this about letting men wear skirt and play against women @ WTA, or use women's bathroom?
I don't get it. Equality for what?

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Feb Thu 13, 2020 11:14 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Feb Thu 13, 2020 10:48 am
Grossefav,
What's this all about? Is this about letting men wear skirt and play against women @ WTA, or use women's bathroom?
I don't get it. Equality for what?
:lol: :lol: dude shut up. This is about equal rights in all areas. If u guys wanna wear skirts, your choice :roll:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Thu 13, 2020 12:05 pm

Equal Rights about what? We are in the USA, where men and women are treated equally EVERYWHERE. Can anyone name an area where they are treated differently? Like McDonald, Microsoft, Verizon,.... paying the guys more money than the women???
Too much Liberal B.S. going on. :D :D

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Thu 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Feb Thu 13, 2020 12:05 pm
Equal Rights about what? We are in the USA, where men and women are treated equally EVERYWHERE. Can anyone name an area where they are treated differently? Like McDonald, Microsoft, Verizon,.... paying the guys more money than the women???
Too much Liberal B.S. going on. :D :D
Senate/Congress/Govt: MEN
Boardrooms: MEN
Divorce court, etc: WOMEN
Modeling: WOMEN

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Thu 13, 2020 12:28 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Feb Thu 13, 2020 12:12 pm
Senate/Congress/Govt: MEN
Boardrooms: MEN
Divorce court, etc: WOMEN
Modeling: WOMEN
Pure crap. lol lol ..
"Senate/Congress/Govt: MEN" ... you have to get elected. No one forbids women from running for those offices. Maybe there are not a lot of women because the job doesn't attract women. How many women want to be truck drivers? grave diggers? :D :D :D
Modeling has always been 99% women's business. How many men go shopping all the time??? :) :) very few.. Shopping is a lady's thing. .. Sekasi's got 99 handbags. lol lol lol.
Men and Women are not the same. Women get pregnant, men don't. Nature built us that way. And that's the same way it is everywhere in life. There are things women like to do and things men like to do. We will never be the same.
Politicians want to make us believe we all can get pregnant, we all can breastfeed, we all can wear high heals, we all can wear makeup, we are can wear skirts ... it's silly. Worse, they now believe a man can become a woman and a woman can become a man... Jesus help, please!!!!!!!!!!