djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: I have a picture for you all

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Fri 24, 2020 11:35 pm

djmm1962 wrote:
Jan Fri 24, 2020 1:52 am
How about Dad's side??

His mother was my best friend, and we called her Gaga. She passed when I was seven too (she was 62), and I retreated for months!! I couldn't believe she was gone forever :( :( :( :(

So, Dad instructed the family, and especially my brothers, to teach me … Build my strength … Enhance my senses … Make me indestructible … Love me up!! It worked, with devastating affects lol.

I have Gaga's great grandma's cast iron frying pan:

Meet Gaga:

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Fri 24, 2020 11:42 pm

A precious, precious family Aire loom :)

With all the craziness on Mom's side, she was soft and comforting ~ I love her!!

She's the "J" in my name!!

Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior

Post by Skilletsauce » Jan Sat 25, 2020 2:39 pm

DJ wow!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your backstory. I knew you were a pistol but now I can see where you got it from. And you were at the Stonewall? Well now. That sketch that your army friend drew of you is just divine. Great work and very talented he is. And I will never ever steal any of your peas :D

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Mon 27, 2020 7:41 pm

Hey Skillet,

Yeah, we had brunch across the street from the Stonewall. While awaiting our table, we went in for a drink. Tough bar smell, lol.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Tue 28, 2020 9:09 am

Since I'm talking to myself (no one here for 12 hours) …

While doing my morning exercises, this story came to mind:

When I was about eight, my older brother with the hat came up with a new torture technique for me ~ He used to palm my forehead & skull and squeeze. Since he was about a foot taller, there was nothing I could do because my arms weren't long enough to reach him!!

Fed up, I told my eldest brother and we came up with a game plan. He taught me a new move: The drop reverse leg swoop!! So, a few days later, pain in the butt did it again while we were playing outside. I was scared, but executed the move perfectly!! He hit the ground **UMMMPF** and I ran as quick as I could, lol.

He never did that again :)

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Tue 28, 2020 9:25 am

And while I'm thinking about it …

The Apple Tree:

NJ is the Garden State because we have woods wood woods, gardens, streams and trees trees trees. So, one day when I was about five, Mom told my eldest brother to stay away from the big apple tree in the backyard. Of course he didn't listen and instead built a swing from the tippity top (had to climb up on the garage to reach it, about two stories). He was swinging back and forth, and back and forth, then all of a sudden we heard "AAAAH AAAAH AAAAH". Mom said: "Oh Lord, that boy done fell out that damn tree. I told him not to go near it. Call your father"!! :) :) :)

He broke his arm in two places!!

Good thing Dad had federal health insurance :)

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Tue 28, 2020 9:31 am

I have a vivid memory because of biofeedback therapy after my near fatal car accident. I can remember when my godmother took me to get my ears pierced ~ I was two!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Tue 28, 2020 7:44 pm

My pelvis break wasn't this bad:

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Wed 29, 2020 10:54 am

djmm1962 wrote:
Jan Tue 28, 2020 9:25 am
And while I'm thinking about it …

The Apple Tree:

NJ is the Garden State because we have woods wood woods, gardens, streams and trees trees trees. So, one day when I was about five, Mom told my eldest brother to stay away from the big apple tree in the backyard. Of course he didn't listen and instead built a swing from the tippity top (had to climb up on the garage to reach it, about two stories). He was swinging back and forth, and back and forth, then all of a sudden we heard "AAAAH AAAAH AAAAH". Mom said: "Oh Lord, that boy done fell out that damn tree. I told him not to go near it. Call your father"!! :) :) :)

He broke his arm in two places!!

Good thing Dad had federal health insurance :)

SkanCan,

Do you remember our conversation back in 2003?? I said on ESPN that NJ is a wonderful state, and you asked me why. I had you in mind when I posted the story quoted above :)

Do you remember what I said to you back then??

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Wed 29, 2020 11:03 am

Ya'll can thank Hingisman for forcing me online in 2001 ~ I signed up to ESPN message board just to tell him off after his post expressing his wife's views of Serena (I won't repeat it)!!

I'm still upset about that, so if you speak with him, tell him I said hello :evil: