CHEATER

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
CHEATER

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Fri 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Did John Millman Use Illegal Method Against Roger Federer At The Australian Open?

John Millman and Roger Federer had a breathtaking matchup at the Australian Open 2020. In an exhilarating competition that left many fans in a state of shock, Federer emerged victorious in the tiebreaker of the fifth set.

However, a small controversy has started brewing amidst all the hullaballoo. Former Dutch professional Sven Groeneveld has accused Millman of trying out a cheap trick to increase the intensity of his serve.

What Did John Millman Do?

The Dutch has alleged that Millman was rolling the ball on his wet shirt. He was doing this so that the speed of his serve could increase.

This is what Groeneveld wrote through his twitter account- “Millman applying the old trick in speeding up the first serve by rolling the ball on his (I assume) wet shirt before he serves? Is that legal in tennis? I know it’s not in other ball sports like cricket and baseball? Do we have a rule in tennis?”

Groeneveld was most recently seen as the coach of Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova. The Dutch holds a wealth of experience, also having worked with Caroline Wozniacki and Tommy Haas. That’s why his words should be paid heed to.

At the moment, it is really difficult for anyone to really comment on the situation considering that the facts are still very hazy. However, video footage shows that he was doing it multiple times during the game.

ITF Rules of Tennis

3 Players that Boston Celtics Should Sign before the Trade Deadline
John Millman and Roger Federer had a breathtaking matchup at the Australian Open 2020. In an exhilarating competition that left many fans in a state of shock, Federer emerged victorious in the tiebreaker of the fifth set.

However, a small controversy has started brewing amidst all the hullaballoo. Former Dutch professional Sven Groeneveld has accused Millman of trying out a cheap trick to increase the intensity of his serve.

What Did John Millman Do?
Know More – “I Almost Passed Out” – Roger Federer Ready For Revenge Against John Millman

The Dutch has alleged that Millman was rolling the ball on his wet shirt. He was doing this so that the speed of his serve could increase.

John Millman
PIN IT

This is what Groeneveld wrote through his twitter account- “Millman applying the old trick in speeding up the first serve by rolling the ball on his (I assume) wet shirt before he serves? Is that legal in tennis? I know it’s not in other ball sports like cricket and baseball? Do we have a rule in tennis?”

Sven Groeneveld 🍊
@sventennis

Embedded video
Sven Groeneveld 🍊
@sventennis
Millman applying the old trick in speeding up the first serve by rolling the ball on his (I assume) wet shirt before he serves? Is that legal in tennis I know it’s not in other ball sports like cricket and baseball? Do we have a rule in tennis?

7:31 AM - Jan 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
191 people are talking about this
Groeneveld was most recently seen as the coach of Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova. The Dutch holds a wealth of experience, also having worked with Caroline Wozniacki and Tommy Haas. That’s why his words should be paid heed to.

At the moment, it is really difficult for anyone to really comment on the situation considering that the facts are still very hazy. However, video footage shows that he was doing it multiple times during the game.

ITF Rules of Tennis

PIN IT

@BenRothenberg maybe you should report on John Millman tampering with the balls by rubbing them against his wet shirt! pic.twitter.com/miBk5mIRVf

— Francesco Favaro (@Francolino_Bear) January 24, 2020

Millman receives coaching amidst the five-set thriller

In the midst of the grueling battle, the Australian Millman was receiving coaching from his box. The former tennis player Lleyton Hewitt was constantly sending coaching signals to Millman and the chair umpire simply over-looked their conversation.

What we do know is that we witnessed a cracker of a tennis contest with both men pushing each other to their absolute limits. In fact, at one point it seemed like Millman might just succeed in knocking the third seed out of the tournament.

However, Roger Federer used his experience to hold on to the game. The Swiss stat held his nerves in the tiebreaker and edged out Millman. In his next match, he faces the challenge of Marton Fucsovics. Millman, on the other hand, has nothing to be disappointed about. The Australian put a lot of work behind his performance.

The Australian really deserves to win a title in his remaining career.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: CHEATER

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Fri 24, 2020 8:40 pm

How could adding H2O (weight) increase the speed of the ball??

I don't understand because it doesn't make sense!!