PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

GRETA vs Federer. Whose Side Are You On?

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
GRETA vs Federer. Whose Side Are You On?

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Sat 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Roger Federer Finally Breaks Silence On Greta Thunberg’s Accusations

BY ARYAN SHARMA
JANUARY 11, 2020

Swiss great Roger Federer finds himself amidst a storm after star climate change activist Greta Thunberg accused him of sponsoring an environmentally irresponsible organisation like Credit Suisse (CS).

Federer has been pretty vocal on climate change in the past. However, his sponsorship deal with CS made the Swiss star look like a hypocrite in the eyes of many.

Now, the Swiss maestro himself has come forward to respond to the accusations levelled against him.

“I take the impacts and threat of climate change very seriously, particularly as my family and I arrive in Australia amidst devastation from the bush fires.”

“As the father of four young children and a fervent supporter of universal education, I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the youth climate movement, and I am grateful to young climate activists for pushing us all to examine our behaviours and act on innovative solutions.”

In addition, Roger Federer confessed that he realizes his responsibility as an influential person. However, the Swiss star stayed short of revealing his future course of action.

“I appreciate reminders of my responsibility as a private individual, as an athlete and as an entrepreneur, and I’m committed to using this privileged position to dialogue on important issues with my sponsors” – said Federer.

Why Is Credit Suisse In Controversy?

Credit Suisse bank invested a hefty amount in fossil fuels and fracking in the recent past. This pushed many young Swiss climate activists to campaign against the organization.

Roger Federer’s involvement with the organization was also brought into question. Their bid was supported by the world famous Greta Thunberg which brought international attention.