Re: Bajin leaves Kristina Mladenovic

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Thu 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Rumor has it it's Kimmie Poo.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Thu 24, 2019 4:37 pm

Another rumor says it’s a young up-and-comer, already in the top 25. I'm guessing Anisimova since her dad died.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Oct Thu 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Oct Thu 24, 2019 4:37 pm
Another rumor says it’s a young up-and-comer, already in the top 25. I'm guessing Anisimova since her dad died.
Carlos Rodriguez, Justine Henin's former coach, was hired to coach Amanda after her father passed. Thus, this rumor can be put to bed.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Oct Fri 25, 2019 3:50 pm

TF rumor has it that Sascha will pair up with Yastremska, who is age 19 and currently ranked 24th....

Personally, I'd like to see him coach Destanee or Antonia Lottner, who I still love. Destanee.....to get her motivated to compete instead of going through the motions and Lottner to put weight on that flag pole body of hers, improve her movement by agility drills and max out her game, for her offensive game is tremendous. Yet, Yastremska is a nice player, competes well, but no better than Sofia Kenin. She has no discernible weapons that dictate, so I don't see where she becomes a serious threat for premiers and the Slams.... Yet, if this rumor materializes, then time will tell whether this matchup bears fruit..... Wishing them the best, if it happens, nevertheless....

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Tue 29, 2019 9:10 am

“Everyone says it (they want to win Grand Slams or tournaments), but they don’t put the work in. I wasn’t the best player, I wasn’t the most talented, by far not the tallest,” she said. “You don’t have to be the smartest. You don’t have to have the most money. You don’t have to have the most open doors for you. You have to have the attitude that you’re going to be the hardest worker. [Say to yourself] ‘I’m not going to let anything stop me. I’m not going to give up.’” Tennis star Serena Williams speaks during the Forbes Under 30 Summit held at the Masonic Temple in Detroit, October 28, 2019.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Tue 12, 2019 2:52 pm

I'm guessing he's not coaching Kim C.:

“It’s hard to say what I expect from Kim as I don’t know how she is physically. Tennis really got way more physical the last few years on the WTA Tour,” Sascha Bajin, who guided Osaka to two Grand Slam titles and was named 2018 WTA coach of the year, told the WTA website.

“For sure, she can still turn matches with her championship mindset and playing the right ball in big moments, but I really don’t know if that’s going to be enough to compete in this modern age.”

Clijsters, who first retired in 2007 to start a family, had planned to resume her career in January but then delayed her comeback after suffering a knee injury.

Bajin believes Clijsters has the advantage of experience if she decides to chase a fifth singles Grand Slam title.

“I can’t wait to actually see it... it’s easier for someone to climb back to the top once you’ve been there. You know what you have to do. The biggest challenge is going to be competing again on a daily basis... bringing it every day,” he added.

“I think I want to say yes she can win another slam but at the same time I’m not sure... it’s not going be easy but if she’s coming back she can have great success.”

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Tue 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Confirmed:

sascha Bajin @BigSascha · 9h
I’m interested in what your thoughts are on her comeback? Comment below would love to read it... 🤔http://wtatenn.is/rwdp7c

'Everyone will want to play her' - WTA coaches' views on the return of Kim Clijsters in 2020
Top coaches are looking forward to the Grand Slam champion's comeback.

sascha Bajin @BigSascha
I won’t be a part of her team guys, I was just curios about what you guys think...

7:10 AM - Nov 12, 2019

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Nov Thu 21, 2019 7:52 am

He'll coach Yastremska for '20. All right for him, I guess. She's a 19 year old up-and-comer that competes well. Currently ranked at #22. We'll see...

Off-topic: wasn't this the reason why Naomi dismissed him as her coach, when she learned they were an item?

Well.....

https://www.wtatennis.com/news/1498182/ ... h-for-2020

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Thu 21, 2019 8:53 am

This will be a big challenge for Sasha. If Yamstreka's ranking starts going down, Sasha will hear from her fans. And it won't be pretty.