Not a good start,Kim

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: Kim Clijsters is coming back

Post by sekasi » Nov Mon 04, 2019 11:07 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Oct Thu 31, 2019 9:40 am
Gauff and McNally are waiting to send her packing every time they run into her.
:lol: :lol: you are silly. Did you see how Vika and Barty force fed the kids carbs at the USO?

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Nov Mon 04, 2019 11:09 am

Graveller wrote:
Nov Mon 04, 2019 10:28 am
News-site just reported that Clijsters made a bad knee-movement and has to revalidate for 8 weeks and will miss the Australian Open.

That could be due to the extra pounds she is carrying. The 8 weeks might be the soul searching she needs. :)

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Mon 04, 2019 11:32 am

She might've prematurely attempted her signature split on the run.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Mon 04, 2019 12:09 pm

Get some new knees, girl. It's tough out there with girls like Sashia Vickery. lol lol lol

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Nov Mon 04, 2019 12:45 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Nov Mon 04, 2019 12:09 pm
Get some new knees, girl. It's tough out there with girls like Sashia Vickery. lol lol lol
:lol: :lol: dude stop. Vickery is a force to be reckoned with. I hope Kim has been taking notes.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Mon 04, 2019 12:54 pm

LOL.. what are you drinking today.. "A force to be reckoned with?". .. You know what? I actually agree with you. She keeps acting like she's gonna die, from the first game to the last, but never gives up even when down 0-6 0-5. lol

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 15, 2020 8:55 am

Clijsters gave access to journalists into a training session this morning, and also gave a press conference.
One of her main quotes: "I hear some talking about winning a slam or becoming top10. When I here that, I have to laugh."

So either she has limited expectations, or at least she tries to lower the expectations of the public... Time will tell.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Sun 09, 2020 11:15 am

Clijsters comeback to begin in Dubai, reveals four-time slam champion

Kim Clijsters will launch her comeback to the WTA Tour at the Dubai Tennis Championships this month.

The 36-year-old Belgian, who won three US Open titles and an Australian Open before retiring in 2012, revealed in September she would attempt what will rank among professional sport's most audacious returns to action.

A knee injury sustained in November meant she missed the start of the 2020 season, but Clijsters is just days away from playing again at the top level.

The Dubai event runs from February 17-29 and Clijsters has secured a wildcard entry to the singles draw, joining a field that includes Simona Halep and Bianca Andreescu.

Clijsters wrote on Twitter: "I’m accepting a wild card to play the @DDFTennis. Since announcing my return, there have been a few bumps but looking forward to returning to the match court and what this next chapter brings.

"Thanks to all my fans for their encouragement these past weeks. See you in Dubai!"

She told the tournament's website: "I am really excited to be getting back to the match court. I can't wait to return to the game I love and play in front of the fans again – the support and encouragement that I've received since the announcement has been overwhelming."

Clijsters has also committed to playing at the Monterrey Open, which gets under way on March 2. She also intends to be in action in Indian Wells the following week and plans to play in Charleston in April.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Sun 09, 2020 11:18 am

Some comments on Yahoo on Kim:

really4 hours ago
Hopefully that's an old photo and not recent, I still wish her the best.

Reply12
David
David3 hours ago
i like Clijsters but if that's what she looks like now, she won't get through the first round. Lucky it's only best of 3. Maybe she can keep throwing down service winners and not have to run too much.

Reply4
jim f
jim f4 hours ago
No chance. Let her play the challenger tour get fit then come back. She is taking a spot for someone else who is worthy

Reply71
Alan
Alan3 hours ago
I trust that she will lose some weight before she steps on curt or she won't see which her opposition went. I used to love to watch her play and with luck we shall see again some of the tennis she played so well.

Reply41
Dinny
Dinny2 hours ago
OMG

Reply6
PanToffle
PanToffle5 hours ago
Can’t believe it’s been almost eight years

Reply5
Edward
Edward5 hours ago
The only professional sport that woman in the photo could possibly play is Nathans' Hotdog Eating Contest

ReplyReplies (1)132
Steve
Steve5 hours ago
oh man she looks quite chubby in that photo.

Reply13
monique l
monique l4 hours ago
If she doesnt get that weight off, she is going to blow both knees and roll both ankles. She is not fit

Reply8
AnnA
AnnA3 hours ago
The women’s tour is wide open. She’s probably got as much chance as anyone else.

Reply1
Ryan
Ryan1 hour ago
Now every Serena Williams lookalike wants to join the tour.

ReplyReplies (1)32
JS
JS1 hour ago
She's returning just in time for national pizza day

Reply1
Robert
Robert2 hours ago
If that is her current size, serena may actually have some white company(in the heavyweight division) but I am sure that she has more self respect than to show up as a fat middle- aged housewife/ lady instead of an athlete. Wish her Well- She was always first class.

Reply1
barry
barry5 hours ago
I hope she stays healthy through Charleston. Ill go see her play there. I don't expect her to win any titles but she will be competitive

Brian
Brian1 hour ago
Tennis has come a long way since she retired and will get hit right off the court if she doesn't start hitting the Slimfast real soon..

Reply1
J
J2 hours ago
She looks HUGE

Reply11
Dennis
Dennis4 hours ago
Why?

Reply11
rea
rea36 minutes ago
If that is a current photo, she won't make it to the locker room without oxygen and a wheelchair. My god, #$%$ happened?

Reply1
Lamson
Lamson1 hour ago
Is she in need of money?? why?

Reply1
Jordan
Jordan38 minutes ago
Live your life it’s over girl

Reply1
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Feb Sun 09, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.