NADAL Marries

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: NADAL Marries

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Tue 29, 2019 9:17 am

Rafael Nadal reveals what he did after wedding with longtime girlfriend

In a press conference in Paris on Sunday Rafael Nadal was asked what he did after his wedding with his longtime girlfriend Maria Francisca Perello on Saturday October 19. The Spaniard said: "I played a charity exhibition in Kazakhstan for my foundation.

Novak came to Kazakhstan to play for my foundation. So that was -- I can't thank him enough. So have been great feelings. But obviously after the wedding I have the Sunday off. And then Monday, Tuesday, practice; Wednesday, flying to Kazakhstan; and Thursday late night here.

I take my weeks off during the season, and we decided that well. And in the world of tennis, you have to find your priorities, and we decided the way that we wanted to do. We take our time off before the wedding, and now is the moment to be back on the tour."

On his schedule looking to the next weeks, Nadal concluded: "My program, everybody knows, is here, London, and Madrid. But as always, depends on how I feel." Meanwhile the defending champion Karen Khachanov said: "It's great to be back in this place, everything has started at a top level.

It was like a turning point when you beat four top ten players winning my maiden Masters 1000. It's been one year, it looks like yesterday, it goes fast, a lot of things happen, it's a long journey and this year at the beginning it was not so great but overall it was a good and positive season. You always expect something bigger than yourself but it could be worse and it's about improvement."

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Tue 29, 2019 10:30 am

Expecting Nadal to invite his main rivals (Federer, Novak) is like expecting Serena to invite Henin and Sharapova :-) :-) :-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Tue 29, 2019 10:37 am

Graveller wrote:
Oct Tue 29, 2019 10:30 am
Expecting Nadal to invite his main rivals (Federer, Novak) is like expecting Serena to invite Henin and Sharapova :-) :-) :-)
Venus is Serena's main rival. No one on tour I believe has ever invited either Maria or Juicy to their wedding.

So right after the wedding, Rafa scurries off to play an exo with Djoko in Kazakhstan, and immediately thereafter scurries off to Paris to practice with him again. Why not invite him to the wedding?

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Tue 29, 2019 11:43 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Oct Tue 29, 2019 10:37 am
Graveller wrote:
Venus is Serena's main rival.
Happy to see that you finally acknowlegde that the 2008-2017 period was extremely weak (so we should not give the results of that period too much value).

:-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Wed 30, 2019 10:41 am

Newlywed Nadal: 'It Was A Great Party'. lol

Zalvar
Regular
Regular

Post by Zalvar » Oct Thu 31, 2019 9:51 am

I think his family knows how to handle the balancing act between personal and prof. life. And, her being with them for so long would have molded her thinking somewhat to mimic their family culture.
And if it bothers her so much (his career choices) ... well ... Rafa is 33 ... not too long to endure on her part.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Thu 31, 2019 10:16 am

Graveller wrote:
The only player Serena would not invite is Sloane who trashed her in a 4-page article. No other player have ever done that to Serena.
Henin apologized later for that "cheating hand". The 2 are now getting along. It's time for us to let go.
And Serena has never have an issue with Clisjsters. It was not Kim's fault the referee called a stupid foot-fault.