Tournaments this week

NADAL Marries

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
NADAL Marries

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Mon 21, 2019 4:35 pm

It’s “love all” for tennis star Rafael Nadal and Mery “Xisca” Perelló.

The couple — who have reportedly been dating more than 14 years — tied the knot on Saturday on Mallorca, a Spanish island in the Mediterranean and Nadal’s hometown, according to AFP.

Wearing a gown designed by Rosa Clará, the bride served up sheer elegance to match the newlyweds’ picturesque big day.

Mery, in photos shared on the designer’s official Instagram, can be seen in the long-sleeved dress, which includes a jeweled neckline, floral motifs, and microbeads on hand-embroidered fabric.

“The whole process was full of emotions between all of us,” Clará captioned a video showcasing the outfit’s creation process. “We just want to thank the whole family for trusting in us, you’re extraordinary.”

Described as an “exquisitely clean-lined haute couture design,” the gown took inspiration from Art Deco designs, and its “ballgown-style skirt, made of silk crepe, featured a weightless detachable train,” according to Clará’s Instagram.

“I know it’s an enormous responsibility, but it’s an honor for me,” Clará says in the behind-the-scenes video. “The connection between Mery and me was immediate.”

Clará also designed a second dress for the bride, a Chantilly lace halter top gown, which featured scalloped flower motifs and transparent microbeading on hand-embroidered fabric.

Over the summer, the Barcelona-based designer created the wedding day look for Monaco’s Marie Chevallier, a white silk crepe jumpsuit.

Nadal and Perelló were engaged in Rome, Italy, in May, according to Hola! Spain.

In a rare comment on his personal life, Nadal previously told Hello! he is looking ahead to having kids of his own. “Obviously, I have the intention of forming a family,” he said. “I love children and I would like my children to do what they like.”

The athlete, 33, is undefeated in his French Open appearances and holds the most titles for singles wins at the Grand Slam tournament, male or female, in tennis history. Earlier this year, Nadal claimed his 19th Grand Slam victory at the 2019 U.S. Open.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: NADAL Marries

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Mon 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Mon 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Mon 21, 2019 4:42 pm

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Mon 21, 2019 4:46 pm

Wedding guests included King Juan Carlos, fellow tennis pros David Ferrer, Feliciano Lopez and Carlos Moya.

No Federer, Djoko, Murray, Williams, Williams?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Mon 21, 2019 4:48 pm

"I was not invited and I did not expect it", said Federer.

"That's not a problem at all. I congratulated him on his wedding day and I did not expect him to reply. I knew he had better things to do. Like celebrating in a big way. I am happy to see him and ask him how it went."

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Wed 23, 2019 1:38 pm

Congrat!!!!!!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Wed 23, 2019 3:16 pm

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Oct Fri 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Congratulations to Rafael and his naturally attractive, lovely bride. Surprised that he didn't invite Roger, Novak, Andy, Stan the Man and other contemporaries in his remarkable career. All the Best, nevertheless...

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Fri 25, 2019 3:57 pm

rex wrote:
Oct Fri 25, 2019 3:16 pm
Congratulations to Rafael and his naturally attractive, lovely bride. Surprised that he didn't invite Roger, Novak, Andy, Stan the Man and other contemporaries in his remarkable career. All the Best, nevertheless...
I agree, they're embedded in his psyche and heart for all eternity. He at least had Novak on his mind because he swiftly shimmied out of his tux to go play an exo with him in Kazakhstan.