Re: 15-year old Coco @ Linz

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Mon 14, 2019 7:08 am

Congrats, Coco!!

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Mon 14, 2019 10:29 am

Never paid attention to Gauff's dad (saw him after her win vs Petkovic on tv), but from what I read here, he is a breath of fresh air in comparison to many obsessed tennis dads. I like him already :-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Wed 16, 2019 12:44 pm

A nice taste of a Euro bagel today.
The learning process continues.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Oct Wed 16, 2019 3:27 pm

Learning process in addition to fatigue. Watched the match via replay and in the 2nd set, down 0-3, Cori called for her father. She told him while in tears that she was "tired", in addition Cori was noticeably listless in this match coming off her lst Tour title and reaching the double semis with Cat' at Linz. I don't know what the dad was saying because he was keeping his voice somewhat muted while barking out instructions for Cori to continue the match and make some adjustments. He had to realize that when his daughter told him she was fatigued and wasn't up to it that he would then recommend that she retire and call it a day. In addition, Cori is also playing dubs with Cat' here in Luxembourg.

Back-to-back events for a 15 year old coming off the emotional highs that she's been through this year, coupled with her lst WTA title would be enough for Cori's psyche at this point, finishing her year at the moment is more than enough. Let her relax now and be.......