All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: US Open Final: Serena vs Andreescu

Post by djmm1962 » Sep Fri 13, 2019 6:51 am

Mytiwtiw wrote:
Sep Sun 08, 2019 12:03 pm
Maria would have dominated serena like the one she did. The Wimbledon finals 💃👠💃👠💃👠 1-0
:oops:

USO 1st Round, Serena beatdown Pova 6-1, 6-1 :lol:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Fri 13, 2019 10:42 am

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Fri 13, 2019 10:44 am

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Thu 19, 2019 8:52 am

Serena Williams is facing her "highest pressure" trying to win her 24th major title to match Margaret Court's all-time record, but will eventually overcome it says Williams' coach Patrick Mouratoglou.

Mouratoglou told Sky Sports' Mathieu Wood the experience of suffering four straight Grand Slam final defeats will help Serena solve the pressure and realize her march toward history.

It's A Boy: Karen Khachanov and Wife Veronika Are Parents

Serena Williams, who has not won a title since defeating sister Venus Williams in the 2017 Australian Open final, fell to 19-year-old Canadian Bianca Andreescu in the US Open title match this month.

"It is one match for history and the pressure is quite high," Mouratoglou told Sky Sports. "I am not in her mind but I can figure she is playing one match for history. "This is the highest pressure anyone can have in life and on the other side of the court she plays girls who have zero pressure because it is their first final.

"They are going to play many [Grand Slams], they are young, they are excited, enthusiastic so they play without pressure and that makes a big difference. But at some point she will figure out how to deal with that."

Mouratoglou, who has coached Williams to 10 major singles titles, said her fitness and level of play are improving.

"I think time is working for her," Mouratoglou said. "I think she was much better at the US Open than she was at Wimbledon and Wimbledon better than Roland Garros."