US Open SF: Andrescu d. Bencic 7-6 7-5

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
US Open SF: Andrescu d. Bencic 7-6 7-5

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Thu 05, 2019 11:04 pm

I don't know how Andreescu managed to win that first set.
Bencic was sublime. She was playing so well. Never even allowed Andreescu a single break point while she had so many chances to break. Bencic was so on. But Andreescu served amazingly to erase all those break points. That was incredible ball striking from Andreescu. Every time she was in trouble, she went for the offensive. Serving hard, attacking ... hitting the angles.. This girl is a fighter.
Bencic might have wonder what it takes to break this girl's serve. She loses the set in a badly played TB.

Then she [Bencic] finally breaks Andreescu in the 2nd. And goes up another break 5-2. But Andreescu would not go away to get ready for a 3rd set. No, she fights and gets her first break point. Bencic served twice for that 2nd set. She'd been serving amazingly the entire match. And of a sudden, she couldn't serve out the 2nd set. She must be disappointed. The match had "3rd set" written all over it. She loses 4 games in a row to trail 5-6 .... and gets broken to lose 5-7.
This match was so tight in that first set you couldn't slip a piece of paper between these 2 young girls. They both played like true Top-10 and deserve their ranking. Let's get all the pushers out of the top-10.
Great fight. Great match. Too bad Bencic inexplicably fell apart at the end of the 2nd set.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: US Open SF: Andrescu d. Bencic 7-6 7-5

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Fri 06, 2019 6:06 am

“It was such a battle that we both kind of played well,” said Bencic. “I think it was not about nerves or that we, like, were playing bad or shanking balls or something. I think it was just here and there some stupid mistakes from my side, good shots from her side, some lines, some net cords. Tennis is very fast. Things turn around very fast. Unfortunately for me today was the other way.”

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: US Open SF: Andrescu d. Bencic 7-6 7-5

Post by djmm1962 » Sep Fri 06, 2019 6:16 am

Bad attitude Belinda!!