All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Re: SIMONA, to be Wimby Champ 2019!

Post by Graveller » Jul Sat 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Jul Sat 13, 2019 2:36 pm
Serena is right, she needs to battle to a final in a non-GS to get that feeling of winning a title. She's entered in Toronto and Cincy, the max she wants to play on HC before the USO. The knee is says is ok but she's unsure how it'll respond to HCs.
Imo, the wrong selection of events. Would be smarter to enter San Jose or Washington in two weeks, then a week of rest, followed by Cinci, and then another week of recovery prior to the US Open.

Chances of Serena winning SJ or Washington are much higher. SJ is close to L.A., whereas Washington is closer to the eastcoast. So both have their advantages.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Sat 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Graveller wrote:
Jul Sat 13, 2019 4:27 pm
Grossefavourite wrote:
Serena is right, she needs to battle to a final in a non-GS to get that feeling of winning a title. She's entered in Toronto and Cincy, the max she wants to play on HC before the USO. The knee is says is ok but she's unsure how it'll respond to HCs.
Imo, the wrong selection of events. Would be smarter to enter San Jose or Washington in two weeks, then a week of rest, followed by Cinci, and then another week of recovery prior to the US Open.

Chances of Serena winning SJ or Washington are much higher. SJ is close to L.A., whereas Washington is closer to the eastcoast. So both have their advantages.
Are Cincy and Toronto mandatory? In any event, she said she isn't playing SJ.

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Jul Sat 13, 2019 10:45 pm

If Venus on the opposite side of the net .. Serena6 gonna win ...sisterly love 😀😀Maria 0-1 osaka 0-1. Halep 0-1 henin 0-4 even stosur 0-1 only over sister Venus Serena got something like 8-0 in the Slam finals.... #fraud slam wins. #😆

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Sun 14, 2019 1:42 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Jul Sat 13, 2019 7:51 pm
Graveller wrote:
Jul Sat 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Are Cincy and Toronto mandatory? In any event, she said she isn't playing SJ.
I was under the impression that the mandatory rules changed when you reached a specific age...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sun 14, 2019 8:40 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Serena is right, she needs to battle to a final in a non-GS to get that feeling of winning a title. She's entered in Toronto and Cincy, the max she wants to play on HC before the USO. The knee she says is ok but she's unsure how it'll respond to HCs.
no.. she doesn't need any of that in my opinion. She is capable of going straight to the US Open and show up in the final again... playing all those tournaments is not her problem. Things are deeper than that.
I think I found a rational to explain that loss to myself, in such a way that it makes some kind of sense to me.

Serena has a temper problem and it really hit her hard after the Naomi fiasco. Remember I said here that receiving a code violation because of Patrick's hand signal shouldn't be a reason for all that drama? I think she realized that later. And it hurt her. She said she couldn't sleep and had to see a psychiatrist. I think she learned a lot about herself through that process and decided to work on the problem.

Then she loses in Paris and there it was again: another drama. She DEMANDED a conference room RIGHT NOW because she was so upset about her loss that she wouldn't wait for her press conference... That's called throwing a tantrum.
Organizers kicked Thiem out of the room and we all know the rest. She was surprised of the drama she caused yet again... and she might have gone back to talk to her psychiatrist ....

She arrives at Wimbledon, and during practice, before the tournament starts, another rage. She destroys a racket on the grass and gets fine $10,000. She had to do something. She accepted Andy Murray's offer to play Doubles.

And she promised herself that no matter what happens next here at Wimbledon, she was going to be super nice.. no drama with ref, linesmen, the press, the organizers, any player.... She didn't want the news to be that all is only fine when Serena wins ... if somehow she lost to Halep, there was not going to be another drama... I think she started believing that losing was better. She was going to show everyone she is not a sore loser. And she liked the idea so much that she basically programmed herself to lose, without realizing it. The brain is a powerful machine.

She shows up against Halep. Although she WANTED TO WIN the match and was going to TRY EVERYTHING to win it, her subconscient had already handcuffed her and she couldn't get out it. She was subdued. Couldn't serve. Couldn't return, and couldn't move. (I said before the match that she needed at least 2 of those 3 to win).
She may not have realized it but she took herself out of any victory before the match even started.

And you saw how happy she was after losing. It's like she was finally freed from all the demons. Everyone was going to write how nice she was after the loss and what a "nice person" she is... playing with Andy, ... not causing any drama after the loss ... etc. She was glowing in this defeat. She lost, but her mind was clear. She was very happy inside, believing now that people would like her.... That's some MENTAL SHITTTT !!!!! ... but we are all human and psychiatry is real science.

So that's my theory. And I am happy with it. Maybe, talking like this, I am the one with the mental problem. lol lol lol.. But that's ok. I feel liberated with that theory and have now accepted that tough loss.

I want to believe that she thinks now she has erased that sore loser image with the display of all that joyful behavior after this loss... If she is healthy and reaches the US Open final, I believe she will play tennis like the Serena Williams we know. (I will not watch that final LIVE if it happens. ). Her problem is not about playing US Open series, it's in her mind more than anything.

So there's my take on the whole thing.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Mon 15, 2019 6:45 am

She was subdued, but I'm thinking it was an injury she was trying to hide. She knew from jump that she couldn't compete, but didn't want to disappoint the fans and paying customers so she didn't withdrawal (even more controversy should've ensued)!! That's the reason why she wasn't upset or disappointed during or after the match. That was very strange and a tell!!

That's my take!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 15, 2019 9:34 am

djmm1962 wrote:
Jul Mon 15, 2019 6:45 am
She was subdued, but I'm thinking it was an injury she was trying to hide. She knew from jump that she couldn't compete, but didn't want to disappoint the fans and paying customers so she didn't withdrawal (even more controversy should've ensued)!! That's the reason why she wasn't upset or disappointed during or after the match. That was very strange and a tell!!

That's my take!!
She also needed/wanted to counter the image and fallout from her last GS final against Osaka. I found it interesting that upon leaving the press conference, she got a pat on the back from someone in her entourage as if to say, well done as planned.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 15, 2019 10:33 am

djmm1962 wrote:

That's my take!!
hmmm.. Was I right when I thought playing Mixed Doubles was a bad idea? That she should save all her energy for Singles?
How much can she put on those knees in a Single tournaments?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 15, 2019 10:35 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Mon 15, 2019 10:33 am
djmm1962 wrote:

That's my take!!
hmmm.. Was I right when I thought playing Mixed Doubles was a bad idea? That she should save all her energy for Singles?
How much can she put on those knees in a Single tournaments?
I think they tanked the MD. Anyway, she had to gamble and get the extra matches because she was almost ousted the first round by a qualifier.