politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
Pyotr
Senior
Senior
Re: Supreme Court: More GUNS, More Unwanted BABIES

Post by Pyotr » Jun Sat 25, 2022 2:48 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Jun Sat 25, 2022 2:04 pm
The point is it's encoded (by God, nature, whatever) in our DNA that if something goes 'wrong', a spontaneous miscarriage aka abortion occurs. The triggers/causes/reasons can be physical, physiological, psychological, environmental, etc. A woman's reason/cause/trigger for choosing to abort may be equally reasonable as any of these.
You believe it was “encoded”, I don’t.

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jun Sat 25, 2022 4:03 pm

Democrats only have themselves to blame, going from a pro choice party to a pro abortion party.

Not everybody who is pro choice support abortion on demand or late term abortions. Unfortunately some democrats seem obsessed with these issues.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jun Sat 25, 2022 9:32 pm

Joylan1 wrote:
Jun Sat 25, 2022 4:03 pm
Democrats only have themselves to blame, going from a pro choice party to a pro abortion party.

Not everybody who is pro choice support abortion on demand or late term abortions. Unfortunately some democrats seem obsessed with these issues.
I agree! Democrats gave in to the Progressive wing.
It went from “safe rare & legal” to “abortion on demand”.

I used to be pro-choice, having a hard time squaring a mother’s choice vs the baby. As it was her body it was her choice. Insomuch that everything of the unborn child depends on the mother. I used to liken the unborn child to a parasite living off the host. I held that position until it was explained to me and I grasped the personhood of the unborn child. I then understood why their was such a push to dehumanize. A human whether at a fetal stage of life in womb or the elderly at the end of life is still a human person with rights being human. Thus I went from pro-choice to believing as it does life begins at conception.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Sun 26, 2022 12:43 pm

"Thanks for giving white life an edge," Illinois Republican says to Trump.
The comment was made in reference to what she called "A historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Sun 26, 2022 3:11 pm

I read judge Thomas wants to forbid contraception, even for wedded couples. And forbid sex for gays/lesbians.
With 3 more trump judges who will do whatever right wing republicans pleases, it is just a question of time before that will become law in some parts of the Retarded States of America.

That woman who wrote Handsmaid Tale, based on her view of Ultra-conservative republicans, was spot-on on the future of some states in the USA.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Mon 04, 2022 5:22 pm

Good to see proper Americans celebrating their Independence Day by demonstrating that they are fully independent when it comes to buying and using guns…
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jul Tue 05, 2022 4:36 pm

Nice to see tyrannical dimwits continue to bend themselves into pretzels screeching about
law abiding citizens needing to be disarmed because criminals behave like criminals.

Almost like tyrants need to disarm the citizenry for.....

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Wed 06, 2022 7:15 am

And I was thinking along similar line: it is nice to see that Robert Crimo was able to legally buy an assault gun, as he was (still) a law-abiding citizen at the moment.

USA should ensure that - in an era where everyone gets more polarised and life becomes harder and harder - everyone can buy an assault weapon. I mean, that is definitely the most useful and practical weapon to have on you at all times.

It is dissapointing that - just like in Uvalde - there were no law-abiding citizens around with a gun to stop the shooter. Seems that the criminals and psychopaths are the only ones (apart from the gun-industry) who gain some profit from your gun-laws.