Tournaments this week

Kamala Harris for VP

politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
serenarulz09
Senior
Senior
Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by serenarulz09 » Aug Thu 13, 2020 9:39 pm

I am able to vote. However, I will not be voting for any of the idiots running. We have a terrible choice just as we did with the last election.

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Aug Sat 15, 2020 8:38 pm

I can vote , and I will not be voting for Joe and the Hoe........

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sun 16, 2020 10:41 am

That woman is a terrible choice. Biden was not a great choice. He should have given us a better VP.
I really do not want to vote. But Trump is such an idiot. Biden dropped the ball.
The known mistress of the mayor of San Francisco, smoking weeds in a her living room while locking up others who were doing the same? Didn't Tulsi already put her away? Didn't Democrat reject her already? Why bring her back? We saw her in the Primaries, as phony as a candidate can be... and we dumped her like a hot potato. She was the CNN, Hillary, Clinton and Co. hand picked candidate. I guess Hillary still got power.... power over Biden. Not good news.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Mon 17, 2020 4:02 am

The perfect recipe for 4 more years of Trump (well, at least four more years of Trump: he has laid out the foundations for a dictatorship and I have no doubt that he will be running in 2024 if he wins this year -who is gonna stop him?).

No matter what the polls say, I remain convinced that he will get re-elected. I guess that this is the kind of country that americans want to live in. They even vote in Q-anon supporters as their representative, hahaha. As an outsider, I will keep on watching the train crash unfold for 4 more years.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Mon 17, 2020 1:05 pm

CNN Poll: Biden's Lead On Trump Tumbles By 10 Points After Two Months Of Rioting

wrong: "Tumbles by 10 Points after selecting Harris". Come on, tell the truth for once.
No one wants this lady. Only the Clinton machine is pushing her down our throats.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Wed 19, 2020 11:55 am

well, if people don't want Kamala, then they have to vote for Trump if they believe that he is more representative for their values.
It won't have an impact on me. It is a shame, but USA will only get back its democratic and ethical values by hitting rock bottom. And USA is nowhere near that point. With this Trump-administration, there is no way back to a normal society without some cataclismic event.

For the sake of America on the short-term, I hope for a Trump win. Because a small Biden-win will not be accepted by Trump and his supporters. In that scenario, I would put some money on a de facto civil war. All those Trump-supporting white-supremacist gun-owners will cause carnage. It could turn out into an ugly racial war.

Not joking here: make sure you have a decent food-supply for 2-3 months in your house by the beginning of november. Prepare yourself and make sure that you can protect yourself.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Aug Wed 19, 2020 10:19 pm

Alot of blacks and Hispanics voted for trump and will vote for him again.

I wish people would stop acting as though Obama was so great. He did nothing for blacks and felt he didn't have to anything but show up being black.

trump economy was better for blacks .

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Aug Thu 20, 2020 3:02 am

Joylan1 wrote:
Aug Wed 19, 2020 10:19 pm
I wish people would stop acting as though Obama was so great.
BINGO!

It's why Trump's response to Michelle Obama's DNC Convention speech was so spot on!
He is indeed only in the White House because of her husband.

My kids are in their 30's and all became disillusioned with Obama after being so enthusiastic for him in
'08 and less so in '12. The identity politics have done the Democrat party in. Had three Obama voters in
'08-'12 whom did not vote for either party in '16, but now two solid Trump supporters with one on the fence
and the other two aren't into politics. I like Trump's policies on immigration and energy(rust belt state) while
my wife is like my two youngest that don't care for politics.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Thu 20, 2020 10:21 am

Do The Dems Want To Win?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ila ... s-want-win

No, no matter how much I read and watch, I can’t shake the idea (less so as I go along, actually) that the Democrats don’t really, honestly, want to win the 2020 presidential election.

Obviously, there are many in the party who do, and voters too, but not the ones pushing the levers and pulling the strings. Those, whoever they may be, that are picking candidates, setting policy, maintaining media contacts, doctoring spins.

Because is there anyone among you who has ever seen a worse candidate than Joe Biden? I’m not just talking about his dementia and gaffes, but you’d be very hard-pressed to find anyone who can use Biden and enthusiasm -let alone inspiration, or even better: exhilaration- in one sentence that doesn’t include the word “no”. And isn’t that the #1 requirement for a candidate?

They ostensibly went with Kamala Harris to provide some of that, if we may believe the press. She’ll whip up the voters into wild bouts of inspiring enthusiasm! Only, Kamala bowed out of the primaries even before 2020 started, after spending $40 million -part of which is still not paid off- because she was stuck at 2% support and couldn’t generate … any enthusiasm.

What you got is a really old man who couldn’t get a toddler excited about ice cream, and a token black woman who nobody even in her own party likes. Mix those ingredients into a convention that attracts just half the viewers of the 2016 one and generates the excitement level of an infomercial for kitchen appliances, and is it any wonder I doubt that the “behind the curtain party” is in this to win?

As for the political program, the agenda, there is really only one item on it: Donald Trump. And no matter how many millions of times it may be repeated in speeches and news articles, NOT being something is in the end NOT a positive message. You’re supposed to win on your own merit, not someone else’s perceived lack of merit. Newsflash: “MOST BIDEN SUPPORTERS SAY THEIR VOTE IS AGAINST TRUMP RATHER THAN FOR BIDEN – WSJ/NBC News poll”.

This bit from the Guardian on Monday sums it up nicely, and it veers into late night comedy territory while doing it (what more can one ask for?):

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Fri 21, 2020 10:30 am

Ace, if you believe that USA will remain a democracy in 2024 after a second Trump-term (which I seriously doubt, btw), then that is perfect for the democrats: there won't be a GOP anymore. They will let them self-destruct. When ordinary people realise that 8 years of their Big Leader has resulted in zero improvement with regard to social security, education, healthcare, income, improved welfare.... with the rich becoming more rich.... the GOP is gone.

Well, there will still be a party called GOP, but that will be in name only; the ideology is out of the window. and four more years of Trump will bring the USA to it's knees: irrelevant on the international scene, disrespected by every western democracy (well, that is the case already in Europe where we really look down on american politics and the values that they represent... well, the lack of values that they represent). So I root for Trump (but not for the same reasons as Trump supporters) because imo america needs 8 years of Trump, so it can come together after hitting rock-bottom.
Don't get me wrong: I know a lot of americans that I like on a personal level, but it is about time that their tendency to vote for political morons should be awarded properly.

Off topic (a bit): I look at the national hurricane centre website today, and see two hurricanes on their way to hit the States in the next week: one on Texas and the other one moving to Texas too, but passing by Florida first. I should feel sorry for the people, but as these are red, fossil fuel supporting states, I can't help but think: Karma is a b*tch. And please keep on burning fossil fuel because I like a good reality-tv disaster movie. My only worry is that too many storms (and Trump mismanagement) will cost him these states in the election.

And Florida should enjoy the storms while it can; it is only a matter of time now before it will be flooded by the sea.