PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

US Open Draw and Results

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Post Reply New Topic
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Serena's serve will be the key. Pliskova's not been hitting aces in the USA open. Her serve has not been outstanding. To compete with the Compton Queen, Pliskova will have to find her serve if Serena's got hers.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Whoever serves well tonight will win.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Current Ace/DF stats: #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Serena 47/12  -- aces per round: 6, 13, 10, 18 -- avg:11.x (1 ace short of 12 average)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Pliskova 26/18 -- aces per round: 6, 5,11,4  -- avg: 6.x (2 ace short of a 7 average)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Good luck, Princess of Wakanda !!!!! Got to keep hitting those aces!!!! That's where I got my  name from. Ace to Ace. :) :) #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Note: Not an Isner fan though. His aces are boring. LOL LOL#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 04, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Pliskova, as usual, will play her best tennis tonight. She will relax and find her form on all fronts.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Great to see Pliskova returning to her super best tennis. Let's hope she keeps it going.
Congrats, Ree!!!!!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Pliskova who?
bye bye girl.
Mama say knock you out

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:US Open Draw and Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 04, 2018 9:43 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Karolina Pliskova wrote:"When Iam on court, I just worry about my half.... Whatever is on the other half, I just don't care"#ed_op#br#ed_cl#"O.K., She has all the respect from me, but I can beat her, so I am not worried about her".#ed_op#br#ed_cl#"#ed_op#b#ed_cl#She has a big game, but sometimes she behaves bigger than her game is#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#."
#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/03/spor ... liams.html" target="_Plisk"#ed_cl#https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/03/spor ... #ed_cl#Now I am mad Serena not holding serve at 4-0 for 5-0 and look for a bagel. Darn!!!!!#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#How many slams did Serena have at your age? How many will you have at the end of your career, Miss Pliskova?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#It's one thing to be confident going into a match. It's another to insult. Serena's behavior more than matches her game.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/ ... outfit.jpg" width="592" height="394"#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 04, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Sep Wed 05, 2018 7:23 am

Ree turned it on and never looked back!!

You Go, Momma!!

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Sep Wed 05, 2018 8:39 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

I am surprised Pliskova said that stuff about Serena. Maybe it is a language problem.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Sep Wed 05, 2018 8:41 am

Graveller wrote:<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

It is imo the final.... a bit like US Open 2007 where the QF between Serena and Henin was the real final....

Whoever wins tonight deserves to win this Slam.
That did not look like the final. Pliskova with no serve stands no chance against one of the best returners.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Wed 05, 2018 8:55 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

To be just, Vee and Ree said similar things as teens taking on the establishment. It's a little unfair for the press to pile on so much pressure on the the shoulders of an upstart. Of course, Pliskova is neither a teen nor an upstart and should be closer to winning a GS by now if her game is as amazing as she suggests, particularly as she's ranked much higher than Ree and hasn't taken off a year to have a baby and undergo surgeries.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Wed 05, 2018 9:01 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>sekasi</b>:</font>

She has a sharp tongue in interviews. She and Coco are sworn enemies. She once said their names should not be mentioned in the same sentence as her game is more complex than Coco's.

Plus don't forget that she and her sister were touted as the next WS. That surely hasn't and will never come to fruition. That fact must annoy.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Sep Wed 05, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.