PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

WTA Game Roland Garros

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Post Reply New Topic
Graveller
Commish
Commish
WTA Game Roland Garros

Post by Graveller » Jun Mon 07, 2021 5:02 am

Hi,

I just entered my Nottingham scores, and then wanted to update my Frensh open scores.

I saw that I had a loss for Kenin predicted last week, so I changed that and saved it.
Then it occurred to me that R4 may have started already, and indeed, Krejikova won set 1.

So I changes my score for Kenin in a loss again.... and left the other scores unchanged (I would not predict losses for Stephens, Gauff and Kenin at this stage and looking that their form so far).
Anyway, if other contestants or commish decide that my scores for these 4 top half matches should be zero, then that is ok for me; should have checked it first. Especially because Krejivoka is an unlikely win-prediction for me (and she is winning atm, and it cannot be verified that I did not change it after the first set).
Apologies anyway...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Re: WTA Game Roland Garros

Post by rex » Jun Mon 07, 2021 8:01 am

Grav'....did you complete the section of the draw ere it started this morning, per LiveScore? If not, then when the match began between Sloane and Barbora, you should have closed it w/o submitting any predictions, taking the losses (hopefully no default score wins either (can't stand that nonsense)). If you had completed that section of the draw at the time of the beginning of the match, then you should have closed it w/o any further corrections to your predictions. I think I've lost 2 sections of the draws this year because I either forgot to timely complete a section of the draw ere it commenced, or failed to make a correction to a prediction after a withdrawal that I didn't learn about 'til the next day. I just closed that section of the draw and took the hit.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re: WTA Game Roland Garros

Post by Graveller » Jun Mon 07, 2021 2:29 pm

The scores that are in there, are the scores I entered a week ago. But because I pressed on save before it was closed, the time stamp changed and it now is half an hour after the start of the first match. So I did not modify scores or winners .
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"