PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Errani: if you don't like me, call Santa

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Post Reply New Topic
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Errani: if you don't like me, call Santa

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Tue 05, 2019 7:37 am

Errani on Instagram

"Hello guys, I want to share some thoughts with you.
I've just finished my tournament in Asuncion, Paraguay, where I lost in the final. It has been a quite pleasant week on personal side and a quite tough one tennis-wise. As you know, since when I started again playing tennis in February, I had lot of problems with my serve and here in Paraguay I've decided with my team to serve underarm all week long.
I realize now that during this week I received not a single critic o complaint from people here and I've been encouraged and applauded for my resilience and for my desire to find a solution. Even on social network, where it is always easier, no one from Paraguay sent me anything bad, only positive messages.
Instead, in Italy I keep being insulted by a lot of people, regarding mainly my serve. I think I definitely thought too much, in last years, about your comments, insults and opinions. And now I can't anymore. If I won't be able to serve again like normally players do, maybe I will just serve underarm. If I won't be able even to serve underarm, I will think about something else.
If it is not ok for you, send a letter to WTA asking to change rules about serve or ask them to disqualify me for "awful serve".
If instead you just have other problems with me, send a letter to Santa.
Bye!"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Errani: if you don't like me, call Santa

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Tue 05, 2019 7:38 am

That's my girl. She is as tough as they come. You can be beating her 6-0 5-0, she is still going after your wig, fearlessly. :)

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Nov Tue 05, 2019 9:48 am

I never saw a problem with an underarm serve.
When I play badminton, I mix my serve all the time: deep or short.

Lol, if I was a tennisplayer and my opponent was a yard behind the baseline, I would dropshot him once i a while with my serve. If you really can put the ball close to the net with limited bounce, it is a serious problem for the opponent.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Nov Tue 05, 2019 10:04 am

I want to see this more :-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"