PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Post Wimbledon PGames

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Post Wimbledon PGames

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Thu 18, 2019 7:42 pm

I never seen this match. but this is how I thought people should play Nadal's looping balls. Wow. When was this? lol lol

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Fri 19, 2019 6:48 am

2015 second round!!

That was a goodie :)

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Fri 19, 2019 7:31 am

Ace: That event (2018 St.Petersburg) was when I really started to follow her....

She is a break down vs Kuzmova now, but nothing is lost yet.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Fri 19, 2019 7:46 am

Kuzmova serves for the set, Rybakina breaks. Knowing when to break :-).. 5-5..

Edit: Tie-break.... and Rybakina wins it 7-4...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Fri 19, 2019 8:42 am

And Rybakina broke Kuzmova twice in that second set: 7-6 6-3.

Just turned 20, and finally enters the top100 (88 or 89 in the live rankings after today). Some may think that she should have gotten into the top100 earlier, but when you are from Kazachstan, WCs in mayor events are not given that easily.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Fri 19, 2019 8:53 am

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Sat 20, 2019 1:59 pm

And Rybakina in her first WTA final...

I am getting good at picking out these youngsters for Graveller-team when they are well outside the top200...

Now Tig is the last hurdle. and if is stops here; it won't be her last final...
already into the top80, ans winning puts her on #65... no more qualies for minor events, and direct entry into the slams...

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Sun 21, 2019 10:11 am

Rybakina on the brink of winning: 6-2 *5-0...

come on!!

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Sun 21, 2019 10:17 am

Whow, no stress for winning a first WTA-final: doing it with a bagel.

And how on earth did she remain so calm after the MP? As if it was a routine R1 win in an ITF event :-)

W:L 30-14; superb 2nd set. She proved me right in believing in her when most tennis fans never heard of her.
and she was my uWP!!! Welcome to a life-time membership into team Graveller :-)

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Sun 21, 2019 11:54 am

Congrats to Elina R. on her title today in Bucharest, besting an emotional Patricia Tig, who reached the final after emerging from qualies and essentially having not played since 2017. Tig's performance this year has been playing a bunch of 15ks in the attempt to get back into the swing of things and had a nice run for her in her home country.

Indeed Elina has a nice game, most appreciative in how she plays the game. Just turned 20 last month, she does a lot of good things with that racquet. Has an all-court game, knows how to construct points and is not error-prone. Serve does damage, follows up at the net nicely on deep returns and puts away that volley, has a very effective dropper and can finish from either side from the baseline. Tall (looks like she's 6' or more), strong body and has nice power. Lots to appreciate indeed and, like Patricia said at the mike in the trophy presentation (nice trophy as well, tho' it looked like a hoops trophy), Elina will be hoisting quite a few in her career.

Yet, I won't at the moment get carried away, for her record this year isn't stellar, as attached. However, her potential is very strong given what I have seen and she is definitely one to keep an eye on for the near future. She's scheduled to play the 250k Jurmala, Latvia event next week, where she has a potential 2nd rounder with Ostapenko, "if" Jelena gets by Pera, because Jelena can hit herself into a plane ticket in a heartbeat. Yet, if they meet I'll be watching no matter the time for I want to see how Elina handles Jello's power. Nevertheless, Elina shows a lot of promise adding to the many promising young talents in the women's game, unlike the men's.

Unfortunately, Grav', Elina will not get direct entry to the USO and will have to play qualies. The cutoff date was July 15th and her ranking was not above 102nd on that date, where Mandy Minella is the last direct entry. In addition, despite the game and talent she has, she didn't get out of qualies at Wimby, losing in the 3rd rd and also losing to Misaki Doi in the 2nd rd at the Bastad 125k event the week ere Bucharest. Yet, USO WCs haven't been given out and if Elina does well next week and during the USO series, maybe she'll get one.

https://www.wtatennis.com/players/playe ... NA#matches