PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Indian Wells Ladies Main Draw......

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Mytiwtiw
Re: Indian Wells Ladies Main Draw......

Post by Mytiwtiw » Mar Sat 09, 2019 9:52 pm

I thought we are friend... 😭😢 what stripes ? Those were flawless skin.

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Mar Sat 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Garbine over ree in two ..

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Sat 09, 2019 10:27 pm

Mytiwtiw wrote:
Mar Sat 09, 2019 9:52 pm
I thought we are friend... 😭😢 what stripes ? Those were flawless skin.
We are friends, but Martha has a dirty face :oops:

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Sat 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Never know which Garbine will show up!!

Jeff in Texas
Regular
Regular

Post by Jeff in Texas » Mar Sun 10, 2019 1:16 am

So true, but lately it hasn't been "good" Garbine

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Sun 10, 2019 9:13 am

Garbine always plays very well against the WS. Always. I've never seen her play even just above average. She'll be hitting the lines all day long.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Sun 10, 2019 6:15 pm

Damn, Ree had to retire.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Sun 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Kvitova fired 10 aces, but also had 10 double faults and while the Czech fired 38 winners to Williams's 15, her 56 unforced errors were more than double the American's 25.

"It was such a weird match," Kvitova said, calling it her worst of the year. "I took the first set. Suddenly I was leading in the second, but somehow I just gave her a chance again to be back in the match, and she took it.

"Suddenly, she just started to play better, I started to play worse ... I was so frustrated with myself from the half of the second set to the end, which shouldn't happen to me.

"I really played bad," she said, "and in the end of the match she definitely played better than me.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sun 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Serena is out. That draw didn't help. She could have started with a "cheaper" player and slowly build her stamina.
But the match against Azarenka drained her. Hopefully she was ill and not injured.
Who said Muguraza and Azarenka were no danger?

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Sun 10, 2019 10:26 pm

The draw is the draw, Serena couldn't do a thing about that. Weather conditions at night (cool temps in the desert) didn't help either, for one saw in the Vika match how much she was sniffing from the cold, breathing heavily and carrying that excess weight, just as she did (huffing and puffing) in the KP match she lost at the AO. Serena remains "overweight", past her prime with a declining lst serve, (expected). She's got to do better with her conditioning, while tending to her daughter and attending all of these off-court activities and projects she's as yet involved in. The ego remains strong for her because of her accomplishments, while saying she can "improve" on her game. She needs a reality check here, for she's not going to get better with her game on the downside of her prime, no athlete is, not even the greats get better pushing 40. But she can improve her conditioning and relieve some of the stress on her legs from the excess weight, in addition to playing more often. She's pushing 40, not 30.....

Re Venus and Petra K......2 "passionate" faves for me and 2 of the biggest wastes of talent in the history of the women's game, frustrating watching them skewer significant legacies to be ranked at the end of their careers with the best to ever play the women's game, Venus numero uno.... How does Petra lose to a 39 year old player while in her prime and forfeit a set up and a 3-0 lead in the 2nd set to lose in 3? Coming off a successful year so far for her, winning Sydney, a final in Melbourne, a final in Dubai, losing that final while sending her ground game amateurishly and repeatedly beyond the stadium court sign on the fly.... She says in Grosse's post above..."I was so frustrated with myself from the half of the second set to the end, which shouldn't happen to me." Shouldn't happen to you, Petra? You and Venus have done this to yourselves so often enough that you 2 could co-author a book on how to beat oneself by playing undisciplined, reckless inept tennis, losing matches they should win and being whipped by scrubs in other matches for the most part. These 2 remain ridiculous, for me. Nice win for Venus, but Petra never should have lost this match, especially being up with her game and weapons..... Damn near 60 errors in 3 sets for Petra, Venus winning in 3 with just 15 winners to Petra's 38. Who beat who? C'mon......