PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

ITF general talks

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Besides Serena, I have not enjoyed watching a player as much as I enjoy watching Aiava.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I mean this girl is something. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#For the PredictionGame, I always have Serena as uWP, without hesitation.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#If we were playing ITF, Aiava would be my uWP the same way.. Love this girl's game. Compact and deadly ground strokes that seldom miss... And the serve.. so heavy, so well place, and so reliable.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#When she steps 2, 3 feet inside the court to hit a groundie, boy, such a beautifull swing. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:45 pm

first set 5-1 40-0  So many Deuces on Gabriella's serve.. This British girl can serve bombs. I mean wow. But once the serve is returned, Aiava takes over.#ed_op#br#ed_cl# 6-1 ..first set over. Against a Gabriella Taylor whose serve could put Errani to shame.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 24, 2017 7:57 pm

2-0 second set. Gabriella is demoralized. How can you play such a tight match, yet lose the set 6-1?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Almost everyone of her service games went to Deuce.. Her  serve is so good it gets her out of trouble.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#A beautiful drop shot from Aiva and it's 3-0... 2 breaks. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I can see a 4-0 coming up quickly.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gabriella calls the Medics... (trying to slow things down? it's moving too fast) :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I don't even care what's going on in Miami ..lol lol.. ITF is better. #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Who needs Miami when Aiava is playing?? ?? ?? ??#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/b#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gabriella on ground... something with her right arm.. she's been serving bombs and it doesn't seem to be enough to disturb Aiava.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Yup, that shoulder is tired. lol lol.. she played 3 long sets yesterday, followed by a Doubles' match. No wonder that arm can't take it anymore.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Alright, game on.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And a quick hold at love. As predicted. This one is over. Gabriella shocked... lol lol.. Aiava is baaaaad.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gabriella: arm? what arm? :) :) serving bombs again.. holds at love. wow.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Aiava also holds at love. 5-1#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And she breaks. 6-1 6-1 .. over#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Girl is in the Final. Well done.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Next opponent: #7 seed Krejcikova or #1 seed Cabrera ... Cabrera down a set 4-6.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Krejcikova  is pretty good... Never seen Cabrera play. Tuning in to check them out. Thanks Putin !!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#==========#ed_op#br#ed_cl#nope.. seen enough.. Unless Aiava has a meltdown, neither of these 2 has a chance.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Bye ladies.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 24, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 15 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Sat 25, 2017 1:16 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Nice report and Destanee serving bread to Gabriella says a lot. Destanee's final opponent I have not seen. Yet, I could look her up on YouTube to get a clue.

The final is scheduled for 11 a.m. Sunday in Australia, but 7 p.m. stateside tonight(?), if I'm correct. If so and the Russian stream is carrying same, I'll watch this evening. Btw, there is another 25k at the same location occurring next week and it appears all the players in this weeks' event are playing next weeks'.
Last edited by rex on Mar Sat 25, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Won't be able to watch tonight.
I am traveling. Checked the scoreboard on and off.
Another win for the young lady tonight.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:ITF general talks

Post by rex » Mar Sat 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Destanee wins the lst set, 6-2.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Sat 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Destanee loses the 2nd set, 4-6. Her opponent stepped up and played quality games, put pressure on Destanee at 4-all and forced the break. Based on that level of play from the Czech, I have no idea who will win the 3rd. Nice match...

Her opponent is 22 years of age and a career ITF player at this point, highest ranking for singles is 187th, 9 titles with more than half are 10ks. Yet, plays quality tennis for this match, at least.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Sat 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Destanee captures her 2nd ITF 25k title by winning the 3rd set, 6-2. Destanee went up 5-0 in the 2nd, before her opponent, Barbora Krejcikova, mounted a comeback. But, Destanee broke her on serve to finish the match. Yet, don't be deceived by the score, nor Destanee's 5-0 lead, for each game went to deuce, but Destanee finished with game point. The match was quite competitive and was duly impressed by the Czech's effort. Tho' she's right handed, her backhand is/was most effective, knew how to construct points and could finish from either side, in addition to dropping for points and had nice hands at the net for she bested Destanee in that regard. Imo, her game is better than 30-40% of the top-100, but she's been floundering on the ITF circuit at age 22. So, I can't say much outside of that for she hasn't even cracked the 150 mark in the rankings. Yet, liked her performance in this match.

Yet, complimenting Destanee as well on her game, for she started to dictate in the 3rd with her serve and finishing with her backhand and forehand from the baseline in competitive rallies, coming forward and nailing overheads for winners, as well as completing a couple of droppers for points, tho' the Czech was a little bit better in that dept.

This match is the 4th most enjoyable women's match I've watched all year and this is on the ITF circuit, rather than the Tour. The quality was top-notch. The other matches were Bethanies' match with Kate Siniakova that went 3 sets here in the current tournament in Miami and Kate's 2 wins in Shenzhen over Konta and Halep on her way to that title.

Congratulations to the talented Destanee and earned 3.9k for her effort.

Again, next week the same players in the draw are playing the same tournament at the same location. So, maybe Barbora and Destanee will meet again. If so, I'll be watching for sure, "if" it's at a reasonable hour.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sun 26, 2017 9:54 am

Congratulations to the youngsters. She is really exciting to watch.
I hope she gets enough points to play the Qualifiers at the French open. If not, Tennis Australia should get her in. Wouldn't want a Main Draw WC to get Serena in R1. :)

Let her work her way through the Qualifiers.
If she can't do it, no big deal. She is young and she'll get there through her own ranking eventually.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sun 26, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sun 26, 2017 9:51 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;I have looked at the draw. And here is my SF match-up Predictions:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#Top half#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#: [5]Barbara Krejcikova vs [ [4]Julia Glushko or Gabriella Taylor ]#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#Bottom half#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#: [3]Destanee Aiava vs [2]Lizette Cabrera#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#If that happens, Aiava's last 2 matches will be exciting again... Because she'll have to be at her best to stop the other hungry girls.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And when she is challenged, watch how her whole game goes up another level: she puts up a fight. I love that in a young player.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#She thinks no one should break her... some attitude, I tell you...... lol lol lol.. Did Serena and her talk about that?&nbsp; "Girl, the only point you control is your serve... You decide how to throw it, where to it, how fast to hit it... it's all yours so you got to own it".#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#When she is broken, she throws the kitchen sink at her opponent in the next game: backhand winner. forehand inside out winner. Ace or Service winner. Monster return.. It's an All Out War. :) :)&nbsp; and she can be so intimidating with it... :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Please don't leave that game at the ITF level when you face the many scrubs wandering around the WTA. Crush all of them. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Only the Top Big Babes should send you packing. I have no problem with that. You'll get stronger and challenge them with time.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sun 26, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.