My tennis-confusion

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Graveller
Commish
Commish
My tennis-confusion

Post by Graveller » Nov Wed 10, 2021 6:33 am

Work, Corona, renovation works; this year turned out to be a real tennis-sabatticla year where I simply did not find the time to get into my pre-Corona tennis-interest.
I hope that 2022 will be back to more 'normal'. In the mean time, I only realised today that the WTA-finals start, and I must have lived on another planet because when seeing the name of the 8 qualified players, I felt very confused. If you would have asked me the names of the 8 qualified players earlier today, I think I would have guessed three of them.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My tennis-confusion

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Wed 10, 2021 9:40 am

You are in better position than me. I didn't even know there was such thing as WTA final in this covid time.
Unless I go look it up, I can't even name the current WTA top-3. That's how far removed I am these days. :( :(

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jan Mon 03, 2022 1:45 pm

tennis had become for me remote by the end of the year -
only kept up via PG
LOL

not sure what this year will be like

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 14, 2022 3:54 am

Well, with Kejcikova and Badosa in the Sydney final, maybe the ranking and YEC participants was not that wrong.

Virtually all usual suspects (Barty, Halep, Svitolina, Muguruza, Kvitova,...) are in action this week, but dit not get into a final. These two top10 players did, so I guess they fully earned their spot/ranking.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 21, 2022 12:23 pm

And these two, together with another top10 player Sakkari, are also in week2 of the slam, whereas former top10s Muguruza, Osaka, Svitolina, Kvitova and Kenin are out.
I admit: the rankings are correct.