(7)Brady v. Kuznetsova
Dabrowski v. Kostyuk
Davis v. Krejvikova
(Rybakina v. BYE

(5)Perez v. Li
Watson v. Kudermetova
Cristea v. Riske
(2)Bencic v. BYE

This event (begins on Wednesday) is for the players who were stuck in quarantine for the last 14 days. Australia Organizers and the TD realized these players would be disadvantaged by not being able to prep and practice as the other players who were not subject to quarantine, so they created a separate event for them to get at least one match and practice(s) ere the Slam on the 8th. It's a 32 player field. Yet, 4 players received byes anyway.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re: Grampians Trophy Main Draw

Post by rex » Feb Tue 02, 2021 11:13 pm

Andreescu withdrew ere the event began, no points for PGame purposes. Sakkari gets the bye.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Wed 03, 2021 5:07 am

Aha, another new event :-)
Missed the DL for an uWP (which I was not gonna do anyway), but got my predictions in.

Bottom section with main seeds Rybakina and Bencic... :-) Could be a nice SF for me
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Feb Sat 06, 2021 7:31 am

Grampian's final is cancelled. The semis will go on and both finalists will receive finalist points and prize money, per the WTA statement, as follows:

Due to the delayed schedule and the start of the Australian Open on Monday, the final of the Grampians Trophy will not be played.

The semifinals will go forward as scheduled on Sunday. Both finalists will receive finalist points and finalist prize money.