Post by CrossCourtBH » Dec Thu 31, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi all

Best wishes for the New Year

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re: New Year

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 01, 2021 4:17 pm

My best wishes to all of you for 2021 too... really, hard to imagine that it would keep on going downhill all the time as it did last year...

Until you get your vaccine: keep it safe, be smart, put your personal desires aside for a few months, and when the time is there: GET VACCINATED!!!
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Jan Tue 05, 2021 7:10 am

CrossCourtBH wrote:
Dec Thu 31, 2020 6:59 pm
Hi all

Best wishes for the New Year
Happy new year CrossCourt.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Jan Tue 05, 2021 7:11 am

Graveller wrote:
Jan Fri 01, 2021 4:17 pm
My best wishes to all of you for 2021 too... really, hard to imagine that it would keep on going downhill all the time as it did last year...

Until you get your vaccine: keep it safe, be smart, put your personal desires aside for a few months, and when the time is there: GET VACCINATED!!!
Happy new year Grav. Have you got your vaccine yet?

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 07, 2021 4:54 am

Hi Sekasi: not yet vaccinated, but as I passed the 50y-barrier not too long ago, I moved up in the priority line :-)
(so now you know that I am not a teenager-internet troll....).

Belgium remains a funny country: when we do bad, we do it properly (see our Corona numbers in autumn: one of the worst in the EU-class). But when we act, it seems to pay off too. Our second lockdown started end of october (they do not call it a strict lockdown, but when you are only allowed one close contact visitor in your house, it actually is one). We now see declining infections, hospital admissions and deaths for more than a month.... We went from 20000 new cases per day early december to approximately 1000 (at the moment). And the vaccination campaign started this week.

The only frustrating thing is that the Pfizer vaccine is made in Belgium, but most is shipped to other countries :-(
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"