Tentative Schedule for the WTA...2020

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
rex
Commish
Commish
Tentative Schedule for the WTA...2020

Post by rex » Jun Tue 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Alison Van U' leaked a tentative schedule on twitter for the ladies, now deleted. lst event Charleston on August 3rd. Slams to occur...the USO and the French; prior to the French but after the USO......Madrid and Rome, plus an Asian swing after the French that I don't think players want any part of...There is also an ITF schedule attached thereto....

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: Tentative Schedule for the WTA...2020

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Wed 10, 2020 8:15 am

NO Asian swing, please!!

South America wants new tourneys!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Wed 10, 2020 8:16 am

We need a full month of grass tournaments!!

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Thu 18, 2020 4:47 am

Revised schedule for the WTA:

Charleston on August 3rd is out...

Cincinnati will be played in New York ere the USO. Madrid and Rome remain in play ere the French.

Imo, the Tour is wasting its time about China. After the French I believe the top players are going to pack it in for the year. But, certain players may play Moscow (not stateside players), Naomi to play Tokyo for sure. However, China just had another lockdown w/forecasts of another outbreak for the fall. Given this I don't see players risking health to play in China, including the YEC.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 18, 2020 7:21 am

They should just close the tennis season right now.
Sorry Serena.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Thu 18, 2020 8:25 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jun Thu 18, 2020 7:21 am
They should just close the tennis season right now.
Sorry Serena.
Well....Serena intends to play the USO, despite the fact that Euro players are balking at playing NY due to covid fears. If the tourney goes on regardless and she wins with what talent there is, it still counts as a Slam win and she ties Court. There will be an asterisk by this title for sure, but it still counts. She'll definitely play Paris and that will finish her season, for as you know, Serena doesn't do China....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Open.html

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Thu 18, 2020 8:33 am

Arthur Ashe Stadium was used as a hospital during the Covid19 outbreak. Yeah it's thoroughly disinfected now (hopefully), but still it may be a hazard. I don't think the patients were Corona patients, instead they were other injuries and illness, but should be contained for a while!!

Also, they are running The Belmont Stakes (usually the third of the Triple Crown) on Saturday with empty stands, but Covid can jump to multi million dollar animals too!! They are rushing everything; America is rotten at the top!!

Good Luck :)

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Thu 18, 2020 8:40 am

rex wrote:
Jun Thu 18, 2020 8:25 am
Well....Serena intends to play the USO, despite the fact that Euro players are balking at playing NY due to covid fears. If the tourney goes on regardless and she wins with what talent there is, it still counts as a Slam win and she ties Court. There will be an asterisk by this title for sure, but it still counts. She'll definitely play Paris and that will finish her season, for as you know, Serena doesn't do China....

When you are older and in later stages of your career, you have to play when your body is fit to it's max, and she's been practicing and ready to play for awhile. If she waits, I think she fears a training injury from over training. She can give it a go, but remembering she already has lung issues!!

Yes, Rex, it still counts and they better not put an asterisk on it :roll: I'll start stomping, lol :lol: