Tournaments this week

Ladies USO....2019 Maindraw......

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Ladies USO....2019 Maindraw......

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sat 24, 2019 2:03 am

Serena withdrew from the French Open because she injured herself in th 3rd of the Doubles' match. Were you watching?
She is not afraid of Sharapova who can't even read her serve when Cornet, Boozkova, Juvan and Osaka can rarely take a guess at where it's going.
This puts Sharapova at a huge disadvantage and Serena is very aware of it.
if Serena is healthy, she is not losing to someone who can't read her serve, even if the opponent swallows 19 pills of undetectable Meldo4.2 Syria Edition.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Sat 24, 2019 5:01 am

Vondrousova out... still not recovered from her wrist-issues that started at Wimbledon. Pain apparently came back when starting to practice for the US Open...

That is another one who won't have a long career and/or won't be a consistent contender. Wrist issues at age 20 are imo showing that they possibly prioritised power over technical skills during their junior development... Without a decent wrist, your career is limited (see Clijsters, who could have achieved so much more but lost years due to the wrist-injury/surgery and was forced to play limited schedule afterwards and follow a rigid training program to save the wrist as long as possible)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Sat 24, 2019 5:04 am

Rybakina with a potential R3 vs Serena... I like those matches as it somehow reveals the potential of a player.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Aug Sat 24, 2019 5:07 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Aug Sat 24, 2019 2:03 am
Serena withdrew from the French Open because she injured herself in th 3rd of the Doubles' match. Were you watching?
She is not afraid of Sharapova who can't even read her serve when Cornet, Boozkova, Juvan and Osaka can rarely take a guess at where it's going.
This puts Sharapova at a huge disadvantage and Serena is very aware of it.
if Serena is healthy, she is not losing to someone who can't read her serve, even if the opponent swallows 19 pills of undetectable Meldo4.2 Syria Edition.

Sure. 8)

Well, then nothing for you to get excited about.
Just saw on her instagram doing a cartwheel over Venus.
The back appears to be just fine, no excuses, just tennis.

Grossefavourite is absolutely right! if the WTA wants to revitalize Maria on tour, no challenge to her is greater
than Serena. For Maria, the opportunity to play and to defeat anyone else in this draw would not carry the
weight or impact of defeating Serena Williams.

Game on! Good Luck Ladies! :D

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sat 24, 2019 11:47 am

Keep in mind, again, that Maria testes positive for dope right after playing Serena in Oz, so Maria has this in mind and no doubt wants to 'prove' she can beat Serena without chemical assistance. Serena, for her part, wants to send her own message, that doped or not, Maria is no match for her is she plays decently.

Miss_Vee
Regular
Regular

Post by Miss_Vee » Aug Sun 25, 2019 9:43 am

Hello Ace! It seems that I can no longer take part in the Skan. Looks as if I’m no longer valid here. I would just like to post my picks for the Skan contest. Thanks.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sun 25, 2019 10:29 am

Hi Miss_Vee,
Hummmmm... strange.. If you are able to log on, you should be able to post your team. Some kind of bug it could be.
This link is not working for you? slams/skanteam_submit.php?t_name=2019_USO_SkanCanTest
Can you even get to the page? If yes, are you getting an error?
While I am looking into it, post your team here and I will add it for you.
Thanks.

Miss_Vee
Regular
Regular

Post by Miss_Vee » Aug Sun 25, 2019 10:49 am

Yes Ace! I can get to the correct page. As a matter of fact, I did not realize that it was not working since Wimbledon. I thought I had posted my team, but when play started, and I checked to see how the team was doing, it was nowhere to be found. I did nothing about it at the time.
Anyway, I will send you my picks here. I now have to try and remember the names in order....Brb.

Miss_Vee
Regular
Regular

Post by Miss_Vee » Aug Sun 25, 2019 10:50 am

I mean, I did realize it was not working since Wimbledon.....😀

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sun 25, 2019 11:00 am

Yes, please do. I am sorry your team was missing.
Can you try it and tell me what error your are getting if any? That should help investigate.
Thanks