Re: Golden Slam?

Post by Graveller » Sep Mon 13, 2021 1:29 am

Pyotr wrote:
Sep Sun 12, 2021 5:47 pm
Maybe many of us aren’t as elitist as some of the
European(mostly) tennis fandom can be? I prefer Djokovic
warts and all over the pseudo niceties of certain
“beloved”
Lol, hard to be more elitist than Djokovic: if there is any player that acts as if he can permit himself anything because of the money, it’s Novak.
Partying in Covid-times and give the rest of us a middle-finger: yeah, a really nice guy…

I hope the Aussies go ahead with their idea of only allowing vaccinated players. At least we got rid of Anti-vaxxer DjoCovidiot for that slam.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Sep Mon 13, 2021 3:25 am

Graveller wrote:
Sep Mon 13, 2021 1:29 am
Lol, hard to be more elitist than Djokovic: if there is any player that acts as if he can permit himself anything because of the money, it’s Novak.
Partying in Covid-times and give the rest of us a middle-finger: yeah, a really nice guy…

I hope the Aussies go ahead with their idea of only allowing vaccinated players. At least we got rid of Anti-vaxxer DjoCovidiot for that slam.
Whatever makes you feel better. :lol:

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Mon 13, 2021 7:54 am

Can't imagine Medvedev's personality and character now that he's won a GS title. He's a nasty guy. Wonder if he tried again to hook up with 17 y.o. girls while in NY? I bet he did, but of course, with a new strategy so that he's no found out. On and off court, he's apparently adept at adjusting his 'game.'

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Mon 13, 2021 10:34 am

Sad how fans can only support Novak when he loses. Reminds me of the WS, Monfils too. Fans cheered him on in his antics because they knew he was no threat to win anything.

Zalvar
Regular
Regular

Post by Zalvar » Sep Mon 13, 2021 5:18 pm

It's perfectly normal to root against someone who threatens your favorite. Now, literally stabbing them in the back ... thats different.